Makestation
How often do you doodle? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Creative Arts (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Photography & Graphics (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: How often do you doodle? (/showthread.php?tid=500)

How often do you doodle? - 3DWaffle1 - September 14th, 2013

How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? Does your simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes?

RE: How often do you doodle? - forthwall - September 16th, 2013

I doodle a lot, usually its characters and people, other times its scenery and places.

RE: How often do you doodle? - Darth-Apple - September 16th, 2013

I do sometimes, but I usually find myself fooling around with a graphics design program more often. I love fooling around with GIMP.

(September 16th, 2013 at 1:36 AM)forthwall Wrote: I doodle a lot, usually its characters and people, other times its scenery and places.

It's great to see you around again! Welcome back! Big Grin

RE: How often do you doodle? - forthwall - September 16th, 2013

(September 16th, 2013 at 1:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: It's great to see you around again! Welcome back! Big Grin

Danke, I died a bit Tongue

/related I use a special notebook to doodle on paper, I don't doodle much on the computer

RE: How often do you doodle? - simlink - September 17th, 2013

I doodle fairly frequently on notes takes during lectures... sometimes classes are just like that. Tongue

RE: How often do you doodle? - Darth-Apple - September 17th, 2013

(September 17th, 2013 at 5:32 PM)simlink Wrote: I doodle fairly frequently on notes takes during lectures... sometimes classes are just like that. Tongue

Especially if it's a COM 231 class. Tongue

RE: How often do you doodle? - Tyler - September 17th, 2013

I don't doodle much anymore, but when I do it's usually people or random things.

RE: How often do you doodle? - sqquares - April 23rd, 2014

I doodle regularly, and it sometimes turns into a full-blown drawing, which often looks much better than a drawing I poured my heart and soul into Big Grin I am not an abstract doodler, whenever I put a pencil on paper faces appear. Smile

RE: How often do you doodle? - Ebelle - April 24th, 2014

I'm quite the doodler. I have a tendency to draw random shapes or squiggles if I'm in the middle of a task that's stressing me out. Otherwise I usually draw people. I've never been able to draw anything else. I mainly usually draw eyes, heads, and possibly some of the neck attached to the heads. Never really got very good at drawing full-length bodies.
(September 17th, 2013 at 5:32 PM)simlink Wrote: I doodle fairly frequently on notes takes during lectures... sometimes classes are just like that. Tongue
I definitely did that constantly back in middle school and high school. Especially during math class.

RE: How often do you doodle? - sqquares - April 24th, 2014

(April 24th, 2014 at 6:04 AM)Ebelle Wrote: Never really got very good at drawing full-length bodies.

Hah, me too, although I'm trying to fix that lately.

At my school, the desks were really handy for doodling on them, and also very easy to clean... Needless to say, I had drawn some masterpieces on my desk only to see they've been erased the next day. Sad

RE: How often do you doodle? - SpookyZalost - May 19th, 2017

I'm currently doodling stuff to practice because I'd like to maybe draw a webcomic about my adventures at some point.