Makestation
Formula for Elavator Music - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Creative Arts (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Media & Entertainment (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Formula for Elavator Music (/showthread.php?tid=338)

Formula for Elavator Music - earlybird - August 8th, 2013

Ever wondered if a song could be potential elevator music?Big Grin
If you can imagine it played with high pitched percussion instruments such as the bells, or a synthesizer and it would sound awful, it has elevator music potential. If the tune is really good, it won't sound so bad.

RE: Formula for Elavator Music - Darth-Apple - August 8th, 2013

LOL, that's an interesting way to think of elevator music. Tongue

I actually like listening to interesting genres though. I have my preferences of course, but with the exception of some rap artists, I find it easy to appreciate music of many genres.

RE: Formula for Elavator Music - earlybird - August 9th, 2013

(August 8th, 2013 at 10:18 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: LOL, that's an interesting way to think of elevator music. Tongue

I actually like listening to interesting genres though. I have my preferences of course, but with the exception of some rap artists, I find it easy to appreciate music of many genres.

Ugh, rap....that can't be turned into elevator music because there is no tune!

RE: Formula for Elavator Music - Darth-Apple - August 9th, 2013

Yeah I'm with you. I don't particularly love it either because most of it rarely makes any sense. These days, the market for rap music is really just a competition for who can make the most perverted music, and often it doesn't even sound good. Tongue Of course that can't be said of every artist, but generally speaking, many artists tend to buy into that.

RE: Formula for Elavator Music - simlink - August 10th, 2013

Haha, elevavtor music is right up there with some music played at department stores. One chain is really bad, it has that stereotypical dept. store music playing, that you would hear in cartoons. It makes me literally laugh everytime I walk right through the store. Tongue

RE: Formula for Elavator Music - earlybird - August 10th, 2013

(August 9th, 2013 at 8:09 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Yeah I'm with you. I don't particularly love it either because most of it rarely makes any sense. These days, the market for rap music is really just a competition for who can make the most perverted music, and often it doesn't even sound good. Tongue Of course that can't be said of every artist, but generally speaking, many artists tend to buy into that.
Oh, yeah. And sometimes, if you are one of those people who Listens to lyrics (I am) You hear something like this "I were kind to her, she weren't kind to me, and I is crazy..."
At this point I usually snap off the radio, thinking "YOu want me to listen to your song, use GRAMMER!!!

(August 10th, 2013 at 3:04 PM)simlink Wrote: Haha, elevavtor music is right up there with some music played at department stores. One chain is really bad, it has that stereotypical dept. store music playing, that you would hear in cartoons. It makes me literally laugh everytime I walk right through the store. Tongue
To me, elavator music IS the same thing as department store music.