Makestation
BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Creative Arts General Plaza (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Forum: The Others (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA (/showthread.php?tid=3233)

BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - tc4me - November 23rd, 2020

from here

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - Guardian - November 23rd, 2020

They're new to the game. Still working through a LOT of these issues other companies have already worked out.

That said, I would LOVE a Tesla, but I'm not buying one for a long time.

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - SpookyZalost - November 23rd, 2020

Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - s3_gunzel - November 24th, 2020

(November 23rd, 2020 at 11:43 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.

Yes, it is. But I live in Australia where I can get 5 years of guaranteed failure support for a computer that costs $5000. God Bless the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - Thomas - November 24th, 2020

I've heard Tesla build quality is atrocious. Interior components falling apart.

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - SpookyZalost - November 24th, 2020

@Thomas really?

I wonder if I can get a used one cheaply in the near future then... for parts Tongue

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - Guardian - November 24th, 2020

(November 23rd, 2020 at 11:43 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.

The big expense/challenge would be the battery system. Other than that, why not?

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - tc4me - November 24th, 2020

(November 24th, 2020 at 12:28 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote:

Yes, it is. But I live in Australia where I can get 5 years of guaranteed failure support for a computer that costs $5000. God Bless the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

GENIAL :-)

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - tc4me - November 24th, 2020

(November 24th, 2020 at 12:28 AM)Thomas Wrote: I've heard Tesla build quality is atrocious. Interior components falling apart.

100% true, Tesla is a disaster in terms of quality,

RE: BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA - SpookyZalost - December 31st, 2020

(November 24th, 2020 at 2:48 AM)Guardian Wrote: The big expense/challenge would be the battery system. Other than that, why not?

So... batteries aren't that difficult just have to be able to run them in parallel and series to get the right voltages and capacities.

also as an alternative hydrogen fuel cells work too Tongue