Makestation
We need badge ideas! - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: We need badge ideas! (/showthread.php?tid=321)

We need badge ideas! - Darth-Apple - August 3rd, 2013

I finally managed to repair a plugin that will allow us to add special badges below a user's avatar on their posts. (Seems like a simple thing to do, but this is the first time we've actually got it working. )

If you guys have any ideas for special awards and badges, feel free to suggest them here. I'm in the process of designing some badges now, and some awesome features are to come soon. Big Grin

RE: We need badge ideas! - wasi90lk - August 3rd, 2013

I think you can have around 10-20 different badges.

Member of the month, most referrals, member with 50 posts, member with 100 posts, member with 500 posts, member with 1000 posts - you can give badges for these 6 accomplishments.

RE: We need badge ideas! - forthwall - August 8th, 2013

You should have a badge for having the most novel ideas, and community award badges.

on a side note, this is possible :
[Image: 2x.png]

RE: We need badge ideas! - Darth-Apple - August 8th, 2013

That's odd... I should get that fixed. Must be a bug in the plugin again.

Is anyone else having that bug show up on the badges below their profiles?

RE: We need badge ideas! - earlybird - August 8th, 2013

(August 3rd, 2013 at 2:55 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I finally managed to repair a plugin that will allow us to add special badges below a user's avatar on their posts. (Seems like a simple thing to do, but this is the first time we've actually got it working. )

If you guys have any ideas for special awards and badges, feel free to suggest them here. I'm in the process of designing some badges now, and some awesome features are to come soon. Big Grin

Hmm...a guru badge for people who know a lot on certain topics?
A social butterfly badge for the friendliest?

RE: We need badge ideas! - Darth-Apple - August 8th, 2013

(August 8th, 2013 at 9:58 PM)earlybird Wrote:
(August 3rd, 2013 at 2:55 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I finally managed to repair a plugin that will allow us to add special badges below a user's avatar on their posts. (Seems like a simple thing to do, but this is the first time we've actually got it working. )

Hmm...a guru badge for people who know a lot on certain topics?
A social butterfly badge for the friendliest?

Those are both pretty good ideas. I'll try to think of a good way to implement those ideas sometime this month.

RE: We need badge ideas! - forthwall - August 11th, 2013

Its not really a bug, its more of a weird trick, since these badges are connected with user groups, its possible to set your primary user group as the badge, and have multiple badges of the same variety.

RE: We need badge ideas! - Darth-Apple - August 11th, 2013

Yeah that is definitely possible. I don't think we have a purpose for that yet, but I can think of MOTM badges, etc... That could make use of them in the future.