Makestation
[Debate] Which game console for kids? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Simmania (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+---- Forum: Other Games (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: [Debate] Which game console for kids? (/showthread.php?tid=2834)

Which game console for kids? - tc4me - March 30th, 2020

Hy Friends, Which game console for kidds 12 years 14 years and a 5 years (autistic). In times of the corona virus, the children are no longer allowed to go out to play sports, my daughter Chiara plays national volleyball for 14 years, my big son Finn skatboard freak and now need employment for the home. They lack basic knowledge for programming, so I would buy a game console. they already have wii u, nitendo switch, playstation 3. but would want something newer. Which should we take?

RE: Which game console for kids? - Lain - March 30th, 2020

The switch is new tho
Just buy yourself some newer games. Animal crossing just came out which is great for all ages.
PS Store is still available for the PS3 which has some great games too, lots of JRPGs that take you like 50hrs+ on a single playthrough. Persona 5 was released on PS3 as well and it took me 120hrs+ to beat it the first time.

Otherwise, I personally have a PS4. All my fave jap games. The only real competitor is the XboxOne which has less jap games but I personally like how the controller feels in my hands (they huge, probably not great for kids.)

But yeah, honestly, work with what you already have and just buy yourself some new games from the Nintendo Store or PS Store on each device. There are tons of great releases out there which can keep you busy for months.

RE: Which game console for kids? - Plushy - March 30th, 2020

Definitively a Switch, for this quarantine Animal Crossing loos like the best option for sparing a good time, also the switch has a lot games that implies physical movement, the ring fit thing could be really helpful for just not being sitting on the sofa all day.

RE: Which game console for kids? - tc4me - March 30th, 2020

Ok, we keep the switch, I repaired the Joy con today and described the problem here. Jo-Con-Drift is a problem that switch owners have encountered in the past few months, causing the analog sticks on the controllers to move randomly and enter commands into the console, even if they don't physically emotional,

RE: Which game console for kids? - Lain - March 30th, 2020

(March 30th, 2020 at 4:32 PM)tc4me Wrote: Ok, we keep the switch, I repaired the Joy con today and described the problem here. Jo-Con-Drift is a problem that switch owners have encountered in the past few months, causing the analog sticks on the controllers to move randomly and enter commands into the console, even if they don't physically emotional,

Oh yeah, lots of PS4 controllers and Xbox controllers do that too. When the Xbox One ELITE controller came out, everyone hated it because after a few days, it would run into problems like this.
Good that you managed to fix it yourself, though. Saves yourself a lot of money instead of having to go to a repair shop haha.

RE: Which game console for kids? - tc4me - March 30th, 2020

Big Grin  repair 15 minutes and 1 dollar

RE: Which game console for kids? - MofaMF - April 7th, 2020

The SWITCH!!!!

You already got the best console for kids. Play on the TV, play somewhere else handheld. None stop gaming Smile

RE: Which game console for kids? - SpookyZalost - April 7th, 2020

honestly there isn't a newer console yet beyond the switch if you're looking "for kids".

and the wii U is great, because you can easily software mod it to play gamecube games alongside the wii and wii U games meaning it covers 3 console generations.

that means you've literally got games from gamecube era (2002/2003 to 2006), all the way to Wii U era making it a no brainer lol.

that's 2002/2003 until about 2014 or about 12 years worth of games releases to chose from, most of them family and kid friendly.