Makestation
The toilet paper thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Current Events (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The toilet paper thread (/showthread.php?tid=2774)

Pages: 1 2

The toilet paper thread - Darth-Apple - March 18th, 2020

This thread shall serve three purposes henceforth, 
  • We shall throw shade at those who have purchased an entire year's supply of toilet paper. 
  • We will discuss possible theories as to why toilet paper has become such a commodity because of the coronavirus. 
  • We shall discuss ways that we can obtain the toilet paper that we need. 
Stores here are dry. Every single one of them. Every time I'm in any store, I check just to see, and it's usually an entire aisle that's empty. Hilariously, there's plenty of kleenex still... Finna Tongue

RE: The toilet paper thread - Guardian - March 18th, 2020

Same here. Can't find anything. NOTHING. All other paper products are sold out as well. Paper Towels, tissues, and anything else down that aisle in my local stores are sold out. Diapers are in short supply. People have lost their minds.

Why? I can't even fathom. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Even if people were preparing for a quarantine... HOW MUCH TP CAN YOU USE IN A MOTNH!?!?!?

RE: The toilet paper thread - Darth-Apple - March 18th, 2020

How much TP can we use in a month? Let’s find out... Finna

Meanwhile I got two rolls, and I’m gonna have to make it last. I didn’t buy any. Tongue

RE: The toilet paper thread - Lain - March 18th, 2020

Literally just buy a bidet on Amazon for a couple bucks lmao
We've got a decent amount, but not from stockpiling. TP is the worst possible thing that you could use for currency given how fragile it is, so anyone who thinks that it'll 'faciliate trade' or whatever in the post-corona wasteland is out of their minds.

Play some Fallout and collect bottle caps, like normal people...

RE: The toilet paper thread - Guardian - March 19th, 2020

Bidet sales must be BOOMING!

My work is well stocked, and if I needed, I'd be unrolling that TP in a heart beat.

RE: The toilet paper thread - Darth-Apple - April 12th, 2020

Oddly enough, kleenex is still on the shelves here. And lots of it. People want toilet paper, but not, you know, the one thing you WANT with a respiratory illness... Finna

Still no TP, still no lysol, still no hand sanitizer, still no bread.

RE: The toilet paper thread - s3_gunzel - April 12th, 2020

I was in Rural NSW when this started happening. Went into an IGA and there was nothing. At all. It was insane.

RE: The toilet paper thread - tc4me - April 12th, 2020

At first it was the same here, now everything is as usual, TP bread meat ..... I buy more and more, there are 5 people in the house and there always has to be something at home

(April 12th, 2020 at 7:35 AM)tc4me Wrote: At first it was the same here, now everything is as usual, TP bread meat ..... I buy more and more, there are 5 people in the house and there always has to be something at home

Glad things are getting back to normal for you guys. Keep us updated!

RE: The toilet paper thread - SpookyZalost - April 12th, 2020

The stores here have been rationing it, 2packs per customer.

It's gone a few hours after the store gets it so I showed up early when we were low, perks of working nights, nobody gets there as early as I do most days... Lazy people lol.

Also got this coming [Image: il_340x270.2230356288_hmkj.jpg?version=0]

They ration water and other things here too, but not toilet paper. They really should.

Then again, I'm sure Walmart does, but they have a giant loudspeaker screaming at everyone all day outside their doors. It's creepy almost. I'm staying away. Finna

The Walmart here hasn't changed much, but the toilet paper isle is empty... Yet they have paper towels...

(April 12th, 2020 at 12:48 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: The Walmart here hasn't changed much, but the toilet paper isle is empty... Yet they have paper towels...

Yea that's it exactly... Like why are there paper towels, napkins, and kleenex but the toilet paper is gone...

People have become a lot ruder and more aggressive as well, you get stares when you get a limited item, normally people are nicer here...

It's like, I'm not hoarding but you couldn't at least try not looking at me like I'm the dog feces on your shoes for getting a package of tp?

Yea exactly... I mean, the ones who deserve that are the ones who are picking up two or three giant packages. Not one.

Everyone turned tribal real quick. It's almost weird in a way.

@darth, it's funnier because the worst offenders are middle aged women. You know the stereotype of women getting into cat fights over clothes?

It's now toilet paper, tampons, and other toiletries.

Here, this is MY STICK. Give me that. I found it. My stick. My clotch. My napkin.

World War 3 guys. We're fighting it with toilet paper, sticks, and stones. Finna

You have no idea man, I've had to snatch, then roll to get away from grabby hands when the crowds form because I got delayed getting there early.

If I didn't have those kung fu reflexes... Well I'd have more than a few scratches...