Makestation
World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar (/showthread.php?tid=2764)

World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Darth-Apple - March 9th, 2020

I tried the world's hottest chocolate bar recently. It is approximately 9 million Scoville units (a measure of hotness). A ghost pepper, by comparison, is around 1 million Scoville units. 

I recommend trying it (with some ice cream, of course! Tongue) It's a good thing to try and dare your friends to do. Or, if you're just straight up evil, just prank them.  Sleepy

That being said, I was never one for spicy foods. It's never so much been my thing, so I couldn't really handle the whole thing at once. I know people who could, but I was certainly not one of them. Tongue

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Guardian - March 9th, 2020

No thanks. Tongue I would probably die, or feel like it. I have really bad acid reflux and anything remotely spicy and I am miserable for a while. too hot... I don't even want to think about it.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Darth-Apple - March 9th, 2020

It wasn’t a pleasant experience. That’s for sure... Tongue

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Juneberry - March 9th, 2020

I'd never be able to handle that- I find buffalo chicken way too spicy. Then again, spice is technically pain receptors, and I have chronic pain and such, so...

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Lain - March 10th, 2020

I'd eat it in a couple minutes, but only if it was free/someone bought it for me ;P
Heat's def my shit, can handle more or less any kind of hot sauce in any kind of quantity (minus just straight drinking it, because that's like drinking vinegar 99% of the time.)
It's all about having a strong mental. You won't die from eating something hot. You won't sustain any actual physical injury from capsaicin unless you inflict that injury upon yourself, i.e. drinking too much water immediately after can seriously harm your kidneys.

So when I eat something insanely spicy and I need to slow myself down, I shut down and go into meditation mode.
Keep my mouth closed. Just have a look around and try not to think about the heat. Don't open my mouth at all for any reason, just motion people to f*** off if they keep trying to get me to say something.
Most people try to breathe as much as possible which can also cause them to hyperventilate, also not ideal. But if they don't, they feel the heat way more, which is what I'm going for.
At some point, the heat does get nearly unbearable like this, but at that point, you also realize that the heat doesn't get any worse. From then on, it's just a matter of sitting it out.

Strong mental.

EDIT: I'll also note that scoville is more or less a meme, things with a pretty low scoville rating can really screw you over compared to some things with a higher rating.
The best pop-culture example is on First we Feast/Sean Evans interviewing celebrities with hot-sauce-marinated wings, and most people can't take #8, Da Bomb, even though its scoville is around 270k, when the Last Dab (#10) hovers far above that, and people can generally do fine with it.

My own experience is the fact that I buy ghost pepper sauce whenever I can find it at my local grocery store. It's pretty good and I end up putting it on just about anything. Yeah, ghost peppers are pretty d*** spicy, but I'm fine with that heat and it never becomes overbearing despite having just a high scoville rating.

But there's a pack of ramen I also buy frequently because it's delicious, and it's only rated at 8800 scoville. Despite its rating, it makes me shut off sometimes if I eat it too fast. Gave some to my dad to try because it really is delicious and he hated me for the rest of the day. This is the ramen, by the way. Definitely worth trying, but it's hot as hell and that heat lingers around for a good 20min or more.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Kyng - May 21st, 2020

Okay, I generally like spicy food, and I generally like chocolate, but... that's way too much even for me >_< .

I don't think I've ever had any chilli chocolate. The combination just sounds weird IMO...

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Darth-Apple - May 21st, 2020

It’s not pleasant. That’s for sure. Not necessarily a mouth watering combination.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - tc4me - May 21st, 2020

There is a white chocolate with vanilla, red pepper, candied oranges and ginger, a chocolate dark chocolate with caramelized walnuts, pistachios, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, macis and a hint of cloves and another dark chocolate with mortared espresso beans, finely grated and orange peel A hint of cinnamon.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Plushy - May 22nd, 2020

(May 21st, 2020 at 12:47 PM)Kyng Wrote: Okay, I generally like spicy food, and I generally like chocolate, but... that's way too much even for me >_< .

I don't think I've ever had any chilli chocolate. The combination just sounds weird IMO...

Well, in Mexico chocolate with chilli is a more-less common combination. One or most tradicional dishes is a mix of chocolate with 4-5 types of chilis, peatnuts, garlic, onion, cinnamon and ton more of condiments served on chicken. And is...

[Image: GleefulConcernedFireant-max-1mb.gif]

In general, I dislike when the sause/infusion is just capsaicin direct to your mouth and not that flavor enjoyable explosion of a good balance of hotness with other flavors.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Guardian - May 22nd, 2020

(May 22nd, 2020 at 2:39 AM)Plushy Wrote: In general, I dislike when the sause/infusion is just capsaicin direct to your mouth and not that flavor enjoyable explosion of a good balance of hotness with other flavors.

I feel like too many sauces do this now.

Its not GOOD , its just HOT.

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Darth-Apple - May 22nd, 2020

Couldn’t agree more. It’s not good without some sort of flavor

RE: World's Hottest Chocolate Bar - Kim Winchester - July 9th, 2020

No thank you! I'll stick with Hershey bars.