Makestation
Preferred hardware manufacturer - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Technical Arts (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Technology & Hardware (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Preferred hardware manufacturer (/showthread.php?tid=2287)

Preferred hardware manufacturer - Daniel - February 6th, 2019

When we buy technology we all have a tendency to lean more towards one manufacturer or the other. However, it typically depends on the technology I am buying. For example, if I was going to buy a laptop computer I would probably go with the Lenovo ThinkPad series of laptops. However, when I buy TV's I tend to lean toward the Vizio's.

What hardware manufacturer's do you prefer and for what type of tech?

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Darth-Apple - February 6th, 2019

I like LG, personally. Many people around my neck of the woods swear left and right by Samsung, and I think they are great too.

For laptops, I've always been a Lenovo guy, but nowadays I pretty much use Apple where I can. My 2012 Macbook still runs like an champ and is pretty reliable, as far as computers go. Finna

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 10th, 2019

I like Motorola and Lucky Goldstar (LG), they've always been good to me... though ASUS also makes great stuff!

ideally though I'd like to build my own stuff but well... not everything can be DIY'ed... yet!

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Thomas - February 10th, 2019

Nokia, Microsoft, AMD, MSI, Corsair

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 11th, 2019

oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Guardian - February 11th, 2019

(February 11th, 2019 at 1:00 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.

They MADE the BEST phones.

Then smartphones took off....

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 11th, 2019

Tongue I still want an N900, it's a linux phone, with a keyboard!

long before android Wink

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Thomas - February 11th, 2019

I love my Nokia 6.1. Very solid mid range phone. Headphone jack, 1080p display, 3 gb ram. All for $300.

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - effone - February 13th, 2019

No one said SONY? Sad

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Darth-Apple - February 13th, 2019

(February 13th, 2019 at 8:50 AM)effone Wrote: No one said SONY? Sad

They made fantastic CD players. I had a stockpile of them back in the day. Finna

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 16th, 2019

I've got a co-worker who swears by his sony android phone.

cost a pretty penny, has a really nice camera, get's great cell reception, media playback is fantastic on it.

but besides the PSP I can't really say much for their "mobile" devices.

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Darth-Apple - February 16th, 2019

Woah, Sony even has phones? Interesting... Finna

Then again, there are a ton of phone manufacturers who are hugely popular in other parts of the world. Here in the US, Huawei is almost unheard of, and yet it’s basically the gold standard of innovation in many areas in the world. When I used to sell phones, every once in a while someone would come from another country and ask about Huawei’s. The shock on their face of not seeing them... was priceless every time. literally, here in the US, we just don’t have ‘em. I almost wish that we did. They are fantastic phones. Tongue

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 17th, 2019

ROFL, I only know about them due to Linus tech tips occasionally reviewing them... But he's Canadian so still not technically us lol.

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Thomas - February 17th, 2019

(February 16th, 2019 at 10:32 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Woah, Sony even has phones? Interesting... Finna

Then again, there are a ton of phone manufacturers who are hugely popular in other parts of the world. Here in the US, Huawei is almost unheard of, and yet it’s basically the gold standard of innovation in many areas in the world. When I used to sell phones, every once in a while someone would come from another country and ask about Huawei’s. The shock on their face of not seeing them... was priceless every time. literally, here in the US, we just don’t have ‘em. I almost wish that we did. They are fantastic phones. Tongue

Ehhhhh, they're in a ton of legal trouble right now here in the US.

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - SpookyZalost - February 21st, 2019

@ Thomas: Because of the spying, the data collection, or who their political ties are?

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - zoldos - February 22nd, 2019

I have a lot of favorites such as Logitech, ASUS, EVGA, Nvidia, and recently Gigabyte. Smile

RE: Preferred hardware manufacturer - Thomas - February 22nd, 2019

Lol all three