Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

RE: The general chat thread - EHPrybylski - April 27th, 2014

I'm kind of glad I work from home - I make my own hours which is simultaneously awesome and terrible, LOL!

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - April 28th, 2014

I work in the service industry, so I don't really have that option. They are talking about promoting me in the near future though, which is exciting news. Big Grin

RE: The general chat thread - Clayton - May 6th, 2014

Today was a hard day at work, I am about ready to hang my boss' dad. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - May 6th, 2014

Yesterday was horrible for me as well. I got yelled at by the GM a couple times for being out of it, so yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Meh, I'm looking for a new one right now anyway. I hope things improve for you with your job situation.

RE: The general chat thread - Clayton - May 6th, 2014

Things aren't that bad, he can just get on my nerves sometimes, other than the occasional annoyances by him, things are awesome.

RE: The general chat thread - Acko - July 18th, 2014

Waiting, waiting, waiting for day in MC Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - July 19th, 2014

Good evening folks. 14 hour workday today... Tired.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - July 19th, 2014

Been there done that. Not fun. Tongue

What do you do?

RE: The general chat thread - CapTon - July 19th, 2014

Lost my job Smile so work hours don't concern me anymore.

Yeah... what do you do?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - July 20th, 2014

I do Cyber Security/Information Assurance.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - July 21st, 2014

(July 20th, 2014 at 7:26 PM)Guardian Wrote: I do Cyber Security/Information Assurance.

Ah, interesting. I'm surprised that's a field that has 14 hour shifts. As soon as I saw that 14 I wondered whether it had something to do with the evils of the food industry. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - July 27th, 2014

(July 21st, 2014 at 1:40 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Ah, interesting. I'm surprised that's a field that has 14 hour shifts. As soon as I saw that 14 I wondered whether it had something to do with the evils of the food industry. Tongue

It usually doesn't, unless something happens or something is about to happen. Tongue Some weeks I feel like I barely do anything, then others I'm crazy busy.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - August 8th, 2014

My activity here has been a little lower than usual, due to me being very busy working on the next version of the site. We will be upgrading quickly, so it's something to be excited for.

My schedule is getting a little busier again, time to say hello to 3 hours of sleep in a night once more. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - CapTon - August 8th, 2014

Well Smile as long as you're working on something we all love. Not that it would matter Tongue whatever you need to get done comes first.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - August 15th, 2014

Spotlight of the hour is officially gone. I plan on (eventually) doing a better plugin for it, but that buggy piece of code that was never updated is finally gone. It didn't even let me edit announcements via the ACP, and I'll be surprised if anyone here actually paid attention to that useless waste of space in the header.

The new board announcements plugin we're replacing it with will be available for MyBB 1.8 very soon. If anyone is interested in helping test, I have a working backport of the plugin for 1.6 that is in use here and at another forum. The status feed plugin will probably be ready to test within 1-2 weeks as well. Big Grin

RE: The general chat thread - CapTon - August 15th, 2014

I may be willing to test Smile but then again, I might want to be surprised by the new Makestation and all of it's new and nifty stuff.

RE: The general chat thread - Clayton - September 29th, 2014

How has everyone's weekend been? Smile

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - September 29th, 2014

Pretty hectic. Working more hours at my current job while looking for a new one will have anyone busier than usual. How has yours been?