Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - February 5th, 2023

Hey all, installed new headlights on the jeep. they fit in the same place as the old ones... but now I won't have to replace the entire thing when a bulb goes... just swap the bulb with a generic one. got them all aligned and everything today!

RE: The general chat thread - Megan - February 7th, 2023

Hello everyone!

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - February 10th, 2023

So glad its ALMOST Friday...

So sick of work. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - February 10th, 2023

its Friday  Big Grin

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - February 10th, 2023

Not yet for me lol.

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - February 12th, 2023

Hi all, how we doing today?

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - February 14th, 2023

Good! how are you nebulous

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - February 14th, 2023

Oh Mondays...

Can it be the weekend again!? Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - February 20th, 2023

(February 14th, 2023 at 2:51 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Good! how are you nebulous

Awesome! Heart Heart Heart

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - February 20th, 2023

Hey so question for the community.

I now have a working 3D printer...

Would anyone like a series of guides and tutorials on how to set one up and use it?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - February 22nd, 2023

(February 20th, 2023 at 8:51 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Hey so question for the community.

I now have a working 3D printer...

Would anyone like a series of guides and tutorials on how to set one up and use it?

That would be cool.

I've wanted one... just no idea what I'd do with it.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - February 24th, 2023

I have a Creality Ender 5 Plus, had a friend explain a lot to me, best 3d printer explanation and settings

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - February 27th, 2023

Unfortunately, it's getting very, very quiet here again

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - March 1st, 2023

(February 27th, 2023 at 6:45 PM)tc4me Wrote: Unfortunately, it's getting very, very quiet here again

I've gotten my hands on a creality ender 3 V2, the level of detail has been amazing and I've been able to print some pretty cool stuff.

I've been working on the 3D printer guide for makestation and familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of using one and converting 3D models so I apologize if I haven't been as active lately.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - March 1st, 2023

(March 1st, 2023 at 3:15 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(February 27th, 2023 at 6:45 PM)tc4me Wrote: Unfortunately, it's getting very, very quiet here again

I've gotten my hands on a creality ender 3 V2, the level of detail has been amazing and I've been able to print some pretty cool stuff.

I've been working on the 3D printer guide for makestation and familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of using one and converting 3D models so I apologize if I haven't been as active lately.

Awesome Ender 3! Excellent . if you are looking for 3D models to download, I have a good website here and all freeware  Big Grin

THINGIVERSE

(March 1st, 2023 at 5:25 AM)tc4me Wrote:
(March 1st, 2023 at 3:15 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:

Awesome Ender 3! Excellent . if you are looking for 3D models to download, I have a good website here and all freeware  Big Grin

THINGIVERSE

yup! I've been downloading quite a bit of things to try out from there... including a new comb Tongue

But mostly while I get used to it I've been 3D printing model Space Ships.

[Image: Cz5o4TS.jpg]

From left to right.
An Anaconda from elite dangerous.
The SS enterprise XCV 033
A Viper MK II from battlestar galactica.
The USS Voyager

One thing I've learned? For small models made out of PLA, hot glue is VERY effective as an adhesive.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - March 1st, 2023

Fantastic !!!!! I now control via Rapbarry Pi 4, and Repetierserver Pro https://www.repetier-server.com/, everything via cam and wifi, I mainly print things for Ben, (Mario Lego parts) or small parts for cars which it doesn't available for purchase

I do have a Pi 3 laying around that I could use for something like this. But I'm sorta working toward getting a new job RN which is the other reason I've been busy.

I'm about to land a systems engineer position at a private technical school and after that I'll be getting an apartment so I'll probably be doing cool stuff after I settle in.