Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - April 26th, 2021

(April 21st, 2021 at 4:50 PM)Guardian Wrote: That is some brilliantly devious stuff right there. Tongue

A
Here's a scarier idea, you ever see what a mylar balloon looks like on radar?

Well one great way to distract people searching for a tiny radar dot is with a really big radar dot.

So if you were to rig up a couple of those foil balloons you can get a super markets since they are really reflective in radar and can look like an object bigger than an a380 just appeared on radar they'd make excellent passive ecm radar chaff.

Keep the authorities looking for a big scary ufo that just popped into existence and is drifting around instead of a tiny balloon or your drone while you traverse the unavoidable radar regions above 500ft or so.

Bonus points if you're upwind of the control tower so it moves towards them.

Something my uncle who used to be military taught me about which was hilarious to hear the story behind lol.

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 29th, 2021

Hah. That's nifty, but that fun has potential to get a lot more heat on your back!

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - April 30th, 2021

(April 29th, 2021 at 12:30 PM)Guardian Wrote: Hah. That's nifty, but that fun has potential to get a lot more heat on your back!

hah!, you're right about that!

it's why you gotta not be in the area or run like heck once you set everything in motion Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Darvince - May 6th, 2021

What's the story, if you wouldn't mind telling?

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - July 23rd, 2021

@Darvince well it was a prank that almost went horribly horribly wrong.

my uncle and a couple of his buddies were drunk and decided to mess around with the Radar using the listed method.

the entire airbase went into lockdown and Search squads were searching the entire base and surrounding area after the balloons were found.

it was like kicking a hornets nest, from their perspective, something invisible but the size of a dozen B2 bombers put together just popped up on radar out of nowhere.

this was during the cold war BTW so tensions were much higher back then.

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - August 1st, 2021

Yep, that'll get you into some hot s...stuff.

Hey guys, just popping in. Finally have access to a computer again. Still not quite moved, thanks to the new house needing a TON of work. So, work in progress still.

RE: The general chat thread - Thomas - August 1st, 2021

(July 23rd, 2021 at 6:12 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Darvince well it was a prank that almost went horribly horribly wrong.

my uncle and a couple of his buddies were drunk and decided to mess around with the Radar using the listed method.

the entire airbase went into lockdown and Search squads were searching the entire base and surrounding area after the balloons were found.

it was like kicking a hornets nest, from their perspective, something invisible but the size of a dozen B2 bombers put together just popped up on radar out of nowhere.

this was during the cold war BTW so tensions were much higher back then.

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - September 4th, 2021

It has been too long. I apologize. Still crazy personal life.

What's up y'all?

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - September 5th, 2021

@Guardian hey guardian, nothing much, just life keeping me busy, you?

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - September 5th, 2021

@Guardian @SpookyZalost 

not too much, school starts tomorrow after the long summer vacation, the weather is still shitty, how is the weather with you?

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - September 5th, 2021

@tc4me too hot, summer has felt like Arizona this year. I hope autumn comes soon but we're finally getting rain at least.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - September 5th, 2021

Nice weather and hot ... yeah, we can only dream of that at the moment

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - September 6th, 2021

@tc4me trade ya.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - September 6th, 2021

(September 6th, 2021 at 6:38 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @tc4me trade ya.
Finna Finna Finna

Good idea, but believe me, a day with my autistic son and he would like to swap back immediately

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - September 10th, 2021

@tc4me oh believe me, I do get it, my nephew is autistic, whenever I visit my mother up north (she's taking care of him), I end up working with him.

still wish it would snow like it did this time last year.

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - December 20th, 2022

Man I really should be careful what I wish for. It's been snowing on and off since November started. And we're supposed to be getting -50 degree wind chill this week with half a foot of snow.

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - December 20th, 2022

You should real, here is winter, but there are only frozen rain here

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - December 20th, 2022

(December 20th, 2022 at 9:12 PM)tc4me Wrote: You should real, here is winter, but there are only frozen rain here

We both know this is going to be me before too long given how much snow we're going to be getting here soon...
Going to have to start playing Drum & Bass when I drift lol.

[Image: JOlIcS6.gif]