Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 22nd, 2020

Most of it is bot traffic. That's the downside... Still loads our server the same though. Huh

No idea why we get so much of it.

RE: The general chat thread - Lain - March 22nd, 2020

(March 22nd, 2020 at 6:44 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Most of it is bot traffic. That's the downside... Still loads our server the same though. Huh

No idea why we get so much of it.

Probably checking for viewable profiles for all the SEO nerds tryna get their backlinks
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they start using the Status plugin to write their backlinks on other people's profiles tbh, now that that might be an option. Five keywords + a link.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 22nd, 2020

Guests aren't allowed to post, thank god. They have to register first.

Once they do register, it's fair game, but we'd be able to see easily once they started doing that. I'm probably going to add a setting to require a minimum of 5 posts before someone can write one or something.

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - March 23rd, 2020

speaking of, another one got through.

I love the purge spammer button Tongue
one click removal of all spambot posts + perm ban = nice.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 23rd, 2020

(March 23rd, 2020 at 1:20 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: speaking of, another one got through.

I love the purge spammer button Tongue
one click removal of all spambot posts + perm ban = nice.

It's such a nice feature. MyBB 1.6 didn't have this. It used to be such a pain to get spambots removed before. Thanks for catching that.

I swear, MyBB drives me up a wall sometimes with the constant breakages every time we run an update (and the non-responsiveness of the theme out of the box), but it truly is very good software in a lot of ways.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 27th, 2020

Today has been a long, long day. Bout to do it all over again tomorrow. Good night all!

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 27th, 2020

So glad its Friday! Doesn't change as much as usual, but I don't have to do any work for 2 days. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 28th, 2020

Weekends are absolutely the best. I'm beyond relieved to finally have made it.

Cheers to the weekend guys!

RE: The general chat thread - MofaMF - March 28th, 2020

It's going to feel slightly strange as I've been housebound all week but i'll have a beer for you!

And I'll have a shot of fireball. Cheers to our virtual worldwide party. Big Grin

RE: The general chat thread - SpookyZalost - March 28th, 2020

Unfortunately I need to work tonight, even working from home is kind of a PITA on the weekend lol.

and I'm stuck on night shift until this virus either ends or my management get's their heads out of their asses.

The worst thing about working from home is that you feel like you always have to be working.

Have you guys had more work since this began or has it decreased somewhat?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 28th, 2020

(March 28th, 2020 at 3:59 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: The worst thing about working from home is that you feel like you always have to be working.

Have you guys had more work since this began or has it decreased somewhat?

Absolutely. It makes others work more, and I've logged considerably more hours than I have when I'm at the office. I've gotten calls after I've logged off to go review something and... they know I have my computer so its hard to make an excuse. It also makes others feel they need to be seen doing stuff so they include more than necessary, ask more questions than they would normally, and try to come up with stuff they normally wouldn't. I also feel during this time people are trying to justify them remaining employed, so its stepped up even more.

We've been seeing that at my job. They've been trying hard to keep us calm about the whole situation, but we all know the deal, and we all know the layoffs are coming. I think everyone is feeling that they can ask more of those who still have their jobs.

Hope we're all able to keep ours! Keep us updated on how things go!

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - April 1st, 2020

Bought a subscription to this website guys. About to install some very awesome premium plugins in the coming weeks. One of them will be a proper IPB-style conversation and private messaging system. Smile

RE: The general chat thread - tc4me - April 2nd, 2020

Good morning, that's very good news Wink

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - April 5th, 2020

Clearing out hella alerts right now... These sure add up. Finna

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 6th, 2020

(April 5th, 2020 at 8:21 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Clearing out hella alerts right now... These sure add up. Finna
Gotta check 'em all!

I hate having unreads.