Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

Re: The general chat thread - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 30th, 2013

In 2011 we had the actual temperature at 120F (48C) and humidex... heat index brought it up as high as 125/51. So yes, humidity makes all the difference.
Right now though the southwest is extremely hot... Phoenix is undergoing the same conditions... locally as hot as 130/54. That must be.. fun.. to say the least Tongue

As for winter, it doesn't exist here. We just call it a cool (and occasionally cold) spring. But I've seen low temperatures here drop to as low as 10F/-12C with wind-chill down to 0/-17 but that's not cold compared to places further north.

Re: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - June 30th, 2013

120F? That's... unsafe. Even Florida doesn't see temps that hot very often.

Re: The general chat thread - Acko - June 30th, 2013

I've honestly NEVER seen 120F in either Florida or Louisiana. Must be pretty uncomfortable, even without humidity.

Heck yeah. I don't think I'd be able to really handle anything above around 105 or so.

The highest I'd seen when I lived in Tennessee was about 101... and I think that was the hottest I've lived in my life.

I've been in 106 before. I took a 20 minute walk and came back soaked. It's definitely not pleasant.

Ouch. Must suck to feel like you were just swimming and turns out you were just having a walk in the park Tongue.

Yeah, that's not fun. I couldn't really handle more than 20 minutes. Even that was a stretch. Tongue

So, do you like hot weather or cold weather better?

Re: The general chat thread - simlink - June 30th, 2013

With the humidex (the "feels like" temperature) I've had the unfortunate experience of 50 degrees (122 fahrenheit)...

That's halfway to boiling point on the celsius scale...

Re: The general chat thread - simlink - June 30th, 2013

It was about 38*C without the humidex. That was a horrible day... the electric grid was strained that day. No blackouts in my area that day, but some areas did lose power.

If it's so hot that there is a power outage, I'd say there is a serious issue. Tongue

Yeah, especially because then you normally lose A/C if you don't have a generator.

Most A/C systems cannot really handle that kind of heat anyway.

Re: The general chat thread - Durfsurn - July 1st, 2013

In Outback Australia 45+ degrees C is not uncommon in the summer. Even in Melbourne summer heatwaves can hit 43

Re: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - July 1st, 2013

Oh wow, that's pretty insane. Not sure I could handle that. Tongue

On a side note, I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning, and will be back late in the week. I won't have internet access, but moderator_1 will be watching over the community in the four days I'm out. Big Grin

Re: The general chat thread - simlink - July 1st, 2013

Bye Blake we'll be sure to blow the site up while you're gone!  Big Grin