Makestation
[Debate] The general chat thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: [Debate] The general chat thread (/showthread.php?tid=226)

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 15th, 2015

I've completely lost my voice, and 18 hours of absolutely no use of my vocal chords has done no good whatsoever. I'm getting a little concerned considering this is very unusual for me. I do have a minor cold, but I've worked 17 hour days back to back with worse colds and not lost my voice. Here's hoping something worse isn't going on. I'd be surprised, considering I don't smoke, don't drink, and (no longer) engage in anything that would be particularly abusive to my voice.

I've got 24 hours until my next shift at work, and I work with people, so here's hoping whatever is going on dies down. Tongue

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - March 17th, 2015

[Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif]

Happy St. Patricks Day & hello!

How's it going?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 18th, 2015

(March 15th, 2015 at 8:07 PM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: I've completely lost my voice, and 18 hours of absolutely no use of my vocal chords has done no good whatsoever. I'm getting a little concerned considering this is very unusual for me. I do have a minor cold, but I've worked 17 hour days back to back with worse colds and not lost my voice. Here's hoping something worse isn't going on. I'd be surprised, considering I don't smoke, don't drink, and (no longer) engage in anything that would be particularly abusive to my voice.

I've got 24 hours until my next shift at work, and I work with people, so here's hoping whatever is going on dies down. Tongue

No good. How are you now?

(March 17th, 2015 at 9:31 AM)theezy Wrote: [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] [Image: 2NQd13t.gif] [Image: Tx9dIwx.gif] 

Happy St. Patricks Day & hello! 

How's it going?

To you as well!

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 18th, 2015

I've recovered the lowest octave in my voice, which still is barely enough to do a whole lot with. I wasn't able to work last night because of it. I work with customers, being unable to talk isn't really a good thing.

I went to a doctor this morning who said it could be a case of laryngitis that was worsened by the likelihood of a pre-existing condition. I'm going to go to an ENT sometime later this week and get it checked in more detail. It still won't help me get my voice back in good shape for my work tomorrow, but we shall see I suppose. It has made a little progress in a few days, so that's a plus at least.

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 20th, 2015

(March 18th, 2015 at 3:26 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: I've recovered the lowest octave in my voice, which still is barely enough to do a whole lot with. I wasn't able to work last night because of it. I work with customers, being unable to talk isn't really a good thing.

I went to a doctor this morning who said it could be a case of laryngitis that was worsened by the likelihood of a pre-existing condition. I'm going to go to an ENT sometime later this week and get it checked in more detail. It still won't help me get my voice back in good shape for my work tomorrow, but we shall see I suppose. It has made a little progress in a few days, so that's a plus at least.

Progress is good, but I bet it can't end soon enough eh?

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 20th, 2015

Yeah, that's the feeling, really. I did get enough of my voice back to work, which is excellent. We'll see how well it fares with my 12 hour shifts on saturday. So far I have given it nothing other than six hour shifts, for which it held up fine tonight.

My ENT appointment was scheduled, but they couldn't get me in until next month, so for now, they just said to be as careful as possible. 12 hour shifts is going directly against their advice, so I hope I get lucky.

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 22nd, 2015

Good Morning folks.

How are you faring now?

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - March 24th, 2015

So I accidentally corrupted the database about an hour ago and did a whole bunch of manual data recovery on a table-by-table basis. The minor theme adjustments were intentional (and probably won't really be noticed), but if you notice any bugs, please let me know. (Note to self: don't do risky things at 1AM without having slept much for the past 4 days. Tongue)

(March 22nd, 2015 at 2:15 PM)Guardian Wrote: Good Morning folks.

How are you faring now?

Faring alright. My voice has yet to make a full recovery, but I'm still able to work, which is very nice for sure.

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - March 24th, 2015

(March 24th, 2015 at 5:42 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: So I accidentally corrupted the database about an hour ago and did a whole bunch of manual data recovery on a table-by-table basis. The minor theme adjustments were intentional (and probably won't really be noticed), but if you notice any bugs, please let me know. (Note to self: don't do risky things at 1AM without having slept much for the past 4 days. Tongue)

Yikes!

Hi peeps! How's it going with everyone today?
...its taco tuesday!

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - March 30th, 2015

That could have been bad. Tongue Glad it's nothing too bad.

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - April 4th, 2015

Hello all!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Been spending all my time online the last week working on my forum, we upgraded to XenForo and there was lots of work to be done. It's coming together quite nicely though!

How have you guys been? Do anything cool lately?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 6th, 2015

Slacker! Glad to see Wober doing well still after the makeover.

RE: The general chat thread - Nebulous - April 11th, 2015

Hi all. *waves*

Hows it going today? Enjoying your weekend so far?

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 11th, 2015

(April 11th, 2015 at 8:06 PM)theezy Wrote: Hi all. *waves*

Hows it going today?  Enjoying your weekend so far?

Absolutely. Beautiful weather outside. It's perfect. 

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - April 12th, 2015

It's quite beautiful here too. Best of all, I only had to work the morning! It's nice to have an evening off. (You know you're busy when you're this excited just to have an evening off Tongue)

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 12th, 2015

(April 12th, 2015 at 9:32 PM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: It's quite beautiful here too. Best of all, I only had to work the morning! It's nice to have an evening off. (You know you're busy when you're this excited just to have an evening off Tongue)

I remember those days. Don't miss it, and don't want it again anytime soon.

RE: The general chat thread - Darth-Apple - April 26th, 2015

I like my busy days!

Speaking of which, I'm worked a 13 hour shift today, another 12 hour one tomorrow. That's over half of my work week taken care of in two days. I'm happy about that. Means I get my tuesday (and probably next friday) off. Big Grin

RE: The general chat thread - Guardian - April 26th, 2015

I wish I could get away with cramming most of my work week in two days. I want to work 10 hour days so I only have to work 4, but there's so much that comes up every day I never get the opportunity.