Makestation
English or Math - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: Poll Booth (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: English or Math (/showthread.php?tid=147)

Pages: 1 2

English or Math - Darth-Apple - June 10th, 2013

Personally, I'm definitely an English guy. What's your preference?

Be sure to vote in the poll!

Re: English or Math - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 10th, 2013

Maths for me Smile

Re: English or Math - Towncrafter - June 11th, 2013

Well, both for me, but since there isn't an option I went with math. I love languages and linguistics, but I choose math over english as a subject in school.

Re: English or Math - Darth-Apple - June 11th, 2013

Math is actually pretty interesting when you understand it. I love math as well.

Re: English or Math - Durfsurn - June 12th, 2013

Math cus Im good at it.
I hate English with a big passion!

Re: English or Math - Acko - June 12th, 2013

Math
But I do like writing  8)

RE: English or Math - Double Knot - February 4th, 2020

I prefer English because of my love for writing stories and math was my worst subject in school.

RE: English or Math - Juneberry - February 4th, 2020

As a writer and editor, I naturally lean towards English and language in general. I've never been good with math for some reason.

RE: English or Math - SpookyZalost - February 4th, 2020

I've always been better at english, but math is the language of the universe and reality.

theoretically even magic could be written/described in a sort of mathematics equation involving manipulation of reality on a low level... which is probably what magic circles are supposed to be now that I think about it lol.

RE: English or Math - Juneberry - February 4th, 2020

There's actually a couple anime that make magic more logical using math and data! Well, it's less logical seeming when I watch, but they use logic anyway. One involves inputting the code for your spell into your phone lol

RE: English or Math - SpookyZalost - February 4th, 2020

(February 4th, 2020 at 3:13 PM)Juneberry Wrote: There's actually a couple anime that make magic more logical using math and data! Well, it's less logical seeming when I watch, but they use logic anyway. One involves inputting the code for your spell into your phone lol
Ooh, technomancy at it's finest  Big Grin

RE: English or Math - Kyng - May 3rd, 2020

Maths, easily. But, since it's what I studied at university, I'm pretty biased Tongue !

I was decent at English, but it was never one of my best subjects.

RE: English or Math - tc4me - May 3rd, 2020

Clearly better in math, German was just fine, English and Spanish as a foreign language ... uhhhh bad

RE: English or Math - Darth-Apple - May 4th, 2020

I didn’t know you did Spanish as well @tc4me. Which one did you like better?

RE: English or Math - tc4me - May 4th, 2020

(May 4th, 2020 at 12:47 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I didn’t know you did Spanish as well @tc4me. Which one did you like better?
I know English better, Italian better than Spanish, I learned that on the side, Spanish is not my thing ... Finna

RE: English or Math - Kyng - May 6th, 2020

Interesting Smile !

So, if you didn't learn Italian at school, where did you learn it?

RE: English or Math - tc4me - May 6th, 2020

as a child of 3 years old, my parents drove to Italy with my siblings and me, every year for 3 weeks, and in my youth I was interested in the language (more the Italian girls Big Grin ). At home I listened to Italian learning tapes, ha ha ha, tapes, hardly knows today's youth, and then just drove to Italy every year, that still;.) Big Grin

RE: English or Math - Darth-Apple - May 7th, 2020

You've learned a lot of languages. Very impressive.

I know some Spanish and of course English as my native, but that's it. I would find it hard to pick up any other.