Poll: Have you ever considered free forum hosting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I've considered it
100.00%
2 100.00%
I've considered it somewhat
0%
0 0%
No, I have never considered it
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Would you ever consider using a free forum host?

They seem pretty unprofessional at first glance, but there is always a certain feel about forums on free hosts that is a bit harder to replicate on paid hosting, at least in my experience. I personally like the simplicity of free forum hosting, although I of course strongly recommend being selective about which hosts you choose to consider.

Anyway, is free forum hosting something you have ever considered? If so, why?
Saturn-Moon.com - Our next project...
I used a Proboards hosted forum a long time ago and it was junk IMO. It had forced ads unless you paid money, limited admin functions, and just was not good in general.
I'm not particularly a fan of proboards either, although many people swear by it. In my opinion, proboards is a bit overrated as far as a free forum host. Some of the less popular ones, such as icyboards, seem to be much better overall.

That said, no free host really compares to paid hosting anyway.
Saturn-Moon.com - Our next project...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SSDNodes - Scam Host? Darth-Apple 3 221 May 7th, 2020 at 4:14 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Have you ever given up on a website or forum? Darth-Apple 2 3,880 October 9th, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Last Post: AtlasWest
  Have you ever owned your own forum? Darth-Apple 11 11,013 September 3rd, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Last Post: buysell-browse
  Choosing the best (free) forum software solution for your website Darth-Apple 16 15,473 June 3rd, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple