Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fruit anyone?

l love my fruit and they recommend that you eat five pieces of fruit a day which l do and more if possible, my favourite fruits are mango, oranges, strawberries, melon and kiwi's. What's yours?
Strawberrys, watermelons, pineapples, etc... Pretty much anything that's sweet with a lot of water in it.

I like the more crunchy of fruits. Watermelon, apples, banana.

Watermelons are addicting.

I could live on just fruit myself if I really had to, but then I have to consider the amount of sugar in some fruits. Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I love most fruit, I just don't eat enough of it. What I do buy ends up going bad though. Sad
I just freeze it before it goes bad. I end up finding a use for it eventually. Big Grin

(August 2nd, 2014 at 5:04 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I just freeze it before it goes bad. I end up finding a use for it eventually. Big Grin

Haven't thought about that, but then... I'd forget its in the freezer. Tongue
But if the freezer is cold enough, it will last many months in there. Tongue

Mine are apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, and watermelon Smile the popular ones.
I'm actually not too into watermelons, personally - Never found why people liked them so much (as always though, to each their own however!)
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Well I like them because they're sweet Smile don't know if I can say the same for anyone else that likes them.
Have several favourites. Depends on the season. I love raspberries, but only buy them in the summer/fall/spring. During winter their price is astronomical. Ditto grapes. Also love apples, bananas, peaches and cherries. Big Grin
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I am a strawberry, orange, and cherry type of person. Big Grin
Finally have some strawberries growing in the yard. Delicious!

A couple of melons have popped up too. Can't wait to see what those do.

The wildlife took all my pears, peaches, and apples before they had a chance to do much.
I've tried to grow strawberries here but they always end up so tiny Sad
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(July 30th, 2017 at 12:30 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I've tried to grow strawberries here but they always end up so tiny Sad

The most flavorful ones I have are tiny. They're really creamy. Delicious. 

The benefit to small strawberries is the plant usually sends out runners to make a larger plant, hence, a larger crop. In the end, the plants should even out and the size of the strawberry is directly correlative to how vigorous the plant spreads. 
well they do come back every year lol... or at least they did until my neighbors made an illegal compost pile and brought rats to the area Sad

as for my favorite fruit... Blueberries, Blueberries every day!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]