Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your job

Just started a new job last week. Left a really secure job, for a much less secure job for a lot more money. Hard to find the right balance. Tongue
@ guardian: that sounds about right, honestly in this economy it's hard to find a job that pays enough for true independence... nobody wants to raise wages enough to match the rising cost of living.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Yeah, had to take that risk though. If it works out, in the long run it can be a very great decision. It can also burn me. Tongue

Part of the game we play.
I'm a writer and editor for a small literary magazine that doesn't get enough revenue to pay me. I also do it freelance, but... I suck at getting customers for myself...

That said, I'm still a writer and editor, whether I'm earning from it often or not. And I love it- most of the time!
I work as a programmer for a local software company. It's my first 'real' job (and so far my only one), and I've been working there for six years now.

I like the working environment, although, since I'm having to work from home, that's kind of on hold now!
I learned automotive mechanic and electrician, after my apprenticeship I worked as a mechanic for 3 years, 1 year later I passed the master craftsman exam, at the age of 23 I ended up with the professional fire brigade by accident, 4 years training as a fire extinguisher, plus lifting crane test 70 tons, then a test year after year, for example large tank fire engines, turntable ladder up to 50 meters, all-terrain fire engines, 4-axle app tow vehicle, etc. and now after 30 years I am the highest ranked fire chief.  Wink

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(May 3rd, 2020 at 6:28 PM)tc4me Wrote: I learned automotive mechanic and electrician, after my apprenticeship I worked as a mechanic for 3 years, 1 year later I passed the master craftsman exam, at the age of 23 I ended up with the professional fire brigade by accident, 4 years training as a fire extinguisher, plus lifting crane test 70 tons, then a test year after year, for example large tank fire engines, turntable ladder up to 50 meters, all-terrain fire engines, 4-axle app tow vehicle, etc. and now after 30 years I am the highest ranked fire chief.  Wink

Wow, congratulations! 

Sounds like you've worked very hard to get to where you are now Big Grin .
I should also be a little bit autistic, not as strong as my son, my head always demands input, and is only calm when everything is done and works

I am a first/second grade reading teacher. Smile
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
Blush I am actually a full-time FATHER

(May 12th, 2020 at 6:00 AM)tc4me Wrote: Blush I am actually a full-time FATHER

A job all its own!