Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rate your cell service provider

Verizon Wireless 3G is 1/5 in my neighborhood but most places, it fluctuates between 3/5 and 4/5. For some reason, my neighborhood never has any good 3G due to a lack of towers. Unless you're on T-Mobile, which got 2 to 4Mbps download on 3G back when I had T-Mobile.

VZW and Sprint 3G are both around 500kbps to 800kbps download here.
I shed my rating from 2.5/5 to 1.5/5 ...so 3/10. Maybe.
Their pricing has gotten horrendous, the prices of phones have increased and reception is no better. Better yet, I'm now considered a "legacy plan" customer, which means I'm not eligible for the handset upgrade unless I choose one of the new, way more expensive plans...  Dodgy
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:13 AM)simlink Wrote: I shed my rating from 2.5/5 to 1.5/5 ...so 3/10. Maybe.
Their pricing has gotten horrendous, the prices of phones have increased and reception is no better. Better yet, I'm now considered a "legacy plan" customer, which means I'm not eligible for the handset upgrade unless I choose one of the new, way more expensive plans...  Dodgy

Fun fun, enjoy being one of those customers the company just wants to get rid of. Tongue

Haha, oh I will. They're going to have to try harder than that. A new phone can be $400-$700. The increased prices to get what I have now are $900-$1300 over the life of the contract. So, new phone outright is cheaper. Tongue
I bet they realized they needed to raise their prices when data plans got popular. Tongue

It was more so they raised prices claiming they need to make the money back on phone subsidies now that 3 year contracts are esentially null/void up here thanks to new rules from the CRTC. Except monthly plans went skyhigh as well as increasing what you need to pay upfront. In other words, they weren't making enough billions already, they needed a little more...  Dodgy
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:22 AM)simlink Wrote: It was more so they raised prices claiming they need to make the money back on phone subsidies now that 3 year contracts are esentially null/void up here thanks to new rules from the CRTC. Except monthly plans went skyhigh as well as increasing what you need to pay upfront. In other words, they weren't making enough billions already, they needed a little more...  Dodgy

The bills are getting expensive across the industry. 100 dollars/month is too expensive for a lot of people to easily afford these days. Then again, the tech in those towers isn't cheap. Tongue

1/10 they're all garbage and AT&T is the worst
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
6 out of 10, only because price is too high and coverage isn't the best.
but it works better than my friend who has verizon and can't get decent signal in her own house lol.

what I wouldn't give for some sort of public cellular service that's accessible everywhere.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [US] Cell Provider Darth-Apple 14 6,368 August 1st, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  Cell phone screen sizes Darth-Apple 3 6,932 June 3rd, 2017 at 5:01 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Rate your internet service provider Darth-Apple 36 49,355 June 3rd, 2017 at 4:58 AM
  How often do you get Cell Phones? Tyler 11 24,008 June 3rd, 2017 at 4:57 AM