Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rate your cell service provider

Personally, I'm on Sprint. Their quality of service is generally poor, but they are cheap and have unlimited data, so that goes into consideration as well. That said, I'd rate mine 3/5 stars.

How would you rate your cell service provider?

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001/5 (I have one of those crappy walmart plans :|)
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I almost got one of those a while back. They are cheap, but usually their idea of "unlimited data" is like 200MB. Tongue

I don't know what to give mine. Pro: $30 upgrade to ANY phone as long as you renew after X months (something over 2 years) CON: 3 year contract (BUT: those are effectively done for thanks to new CRTC rules!) CON: Horribly expensive, spotty reception on occasion.

All in all, 2.5/5 - I'll pass them.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
$30 upgrade to any phone? Not bad. I get free upgrades to some phones, and the better ones usually have a fee of up to $200-$300. I only have a two year contract though, which is nice. Big Grin

I have a TracFone cause I really don't have use for a smartphone at the moment. TracFone's network usually depends on what SIM card you have (like my SIM's serial ends in C, meaning it's off the AT&T network, since the C used to stand for Cingular, AT&T's mobile phone predecessor), but it has really good coverage. Plus, it's double minutes, so say I add a 60 minute card, I get 120 minutes plus 3 months of service. Smile
Ah, so you can get different SIM cards for different networks on tracfone? I wasn't aware of that. I always thought that tracfone ran on all of the nation's major networks collectively.

(June 7th, 2013 at 3:54 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: Ah, so you can get different SIM cards for different networks on tracfone? I wasn't aware of that. I always thought that tracfone ran on all of the nation's major networks collectively.

TracFone's GSM phones operate on T-Mobile and AT&T, which can be found out by your SIM's serial, if it ends in T, it's T-Mobile, if it ends in C, it's AT&T.

I believe Net10 and Straight Talk, the main TracFone monthly brands have some that operate off Verizon. Tongue
Is it a random assignment to either T-mobile or AT&T, or are you able to choose which network you want to operate on?

(June 7th, 2013 at 3:58 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: Is it a random assignment to either T-mobile or AT&T, or are you able to choose which network you want to operate on?

Straight Talk and Net10 have "bring your own phone", where you buy the SIM that your phone works with.

Straight Talk though advertises if your phone is T-Mobile compatible, you get unlimited 4G for $45 a month. No 4G on AT&T-compatible phones though. Sad
Ah nice. I think I'd go for the T-Mobile phone if I get unlimited 4G for $45/month. Of course most "unlimited" cell providers aren't actually unlimited, but I doubt they'd throttle you for using 2GB of data.

I almost went for a verizon phone on a pay-as-you-go plan. I'm pretty glad I didn't do that now, seeing how much I use my cell service.

(June 7th, 2013 at 4:01 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: Ah nice. I think I'd go for the T-Mobile phone if I get unlimited 4G for $45/month. Of course most \"unlimited\" cell providers aren't actually unlimited, but I doubt they'd throttle you for using 2GB of data.

I almost went for a verizon phone on a pay-as-you-go plan. I'm pretty glad I didn't do that now, seeing how much I use my cell service.

Net10's AT&T SIMs do have a 1.5GB cap with a slowdown afterwards. Straight Talk doesn't have caps on either SIM though.
Ah nice. 1.5GB still isn't bad for the price that's being paid. Nobody really wants their service being throttled though, regardless of how much data they use.

Public sector here. Cheap, but equally bad.

(October 15th, 2014 at 5:26 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: Public sector here. Cheap, but equally bad.

How does cell service generally work in India as far as providers are concerned?

You don't want to know. The network gets busy traffic at the worst possible times, along with mediocre customer service. Sometimes there is too much load and the network collapses altogether. There are also villages from where people have to travel kilometres to get a decent signal.

Edit:
Also, that sarcastic jab with "benevolence stamp" was a nice try. Big Grin

(October 15th, 2014 at 6:28 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: You don't want to know. The network gets busy traffic at the worst possible times, along with mediocre customer service. Sometimes there is too much load and the network collapses altogether. There are also villages from where people have to travel kilometres to get a decent signal.

Edit:
Also, that sarcastic jab with "benevolence stamp" was a nice try. Big Grin

Ah, I guess network connectivity is a constant issue in some areas then?

Oh, and if you really don't want that benevolence stamp, you can sell it for some cash, or send it to any user you wish. Tongue

-10 -_-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [US] Cell Provider Darth-Apple 14 6,368 August 1st, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  Cell phone screen sizes Darth-Apple 3 6,934 June 3rd, 2017 at 5:01 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Rate your internet service provider Darth-Apple 36 49,358 June 3rd, 2017 at 4:58 AM
  How often do you get Cell Phones? Tyler 11 24,008 June 3rd, 2017 at 4:57 AM