Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

iPhone = obtained

So I just got an iPhone 4. Yes, the model that was released nearly four years ago. I got a used one in an effort to avoid using my contract's upgrade, as I plan on switching providers this summer.

Anyway, does anyone actually still use the iPhone 4? It's a considerable upgrade from my current phone, but it's still four years old. Tongue

I do. I haven't bothered upgrading it to the iPhone 5. I got mine back in 2011.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(February 10th, 2014 at 3:27 AM)AcoG000 Wrote: I do. I haven't bothered upgrading it to the iPhone 5. I got mine back in 2011.

I guess I won't be the only one with an outdated one then. I take it they are pretty durable devices?

Not exactly. Even a relatively small drop can crack the screen or the back plating. Better off with a case.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I've got a case... hopefully that offers ample protection. Tongue

I've finally managed to get it activated. Man these things are awesome. Big Grin

I've had several friends who have dropped their iPones and... it wasn't pretty.
Best get a case. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(February 11th, 2014 at 12:31 PM)simlink Wrote: I've had several friends who have dropped their iPones and... it wasn't pretty.
Best get a case. Tongue

Advice taken. Done. Tongue

@ Darth: do you still use your I-Phone 4? my grandmother uses an I-Phone 4S and she seems pretty happy with it, only problems I've had are replacing the battery and recently the back plate... for an old phone it's fairly durable... you know so long as you don't drop it on concrete >_<
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Good lord this thread is old! Brings back memories. Tongue

@Zalost: No actually, I stopped using it quite a while back. I ended up upgrading to an HTC M8 (a phenomenal phone for its time, probably still a great device) to replace it and kept it for a little while. Then I went to the iPhone 5S and now I'm on the SE (a 6S is the frame/body of a 5S. Pretty nifty device. )

By the time I stopped using it it was already a few years old and still worked great. The only major issue I really had with it was that I had an 8GB model, about 5GB of which was usable. Needless to say it was highly annoying not being able to store much on the phone.

@darth: that seems to be quite common, Ios takes up just so much space, but since my grandmother doesn't use it for much other than maps, web browsing, texting, and phone calls it doesn't hinder her.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
iPhone 4 was terrible for me in 2015. I can't imagine anyone using one nowadays.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 12 Darth-Apple 6 2,648 August 29th, 2021 at 1:39 AM
Last Post: s3_gunzel
  iPhone vs. Android tc4me 11 6,159 June 24th, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Your iPhone probably outperforms your computer. Darth-Apple 2 3,014 June 7th, 2019 at 5:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Need some iPhone advice Darth-Apple 9 9,824 August 6th, 2018 at 11:10 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost