Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What are your thoughts on Makestation's current theme/design?

As many of you know, Makestation's custom theme has been a work in progress for several months. The conversion to MyBB didn't start off with the grandest of designs (look at the "landscapes" theme in your User CP, then ignore the broken header to get an idea) and has certainly "progressed" since then.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the current theme for Makestation? What are some things that you would like to see added/improved to the forum and/or the design?

If you remember, a few months back I reported a bug where serif fonts were being used on the menu bar. I'm not sure if this is WAD, and if it is, I don't really like the look of them. Otherwise, it is nice.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
The fonts are something that could use being replaced. I've been looking at some other designs for inspiration, and the fonts definitely seem a bit bland in the current design. I'm looking into finding some alternative ones. The current one used in the toolbar is an italic version of georgia, although I'm not sure what the navbar itself uses.

I'm also looking into new CSS buttons to replace the old ones. The old ones are too bulky.

Thanks for the feedback!

makestation used/Uses CSS buttons?

huh, as someone who used to use those I know they can be a bit finicky at times

I really wish I understood mybb better, there's all sorts of web design/HTML stuff I'd love to learn but am a long ways from lol.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
We use CSS buttons now! Ever since our upgrade to MyBB 1.8 several years back, they are all CSS buttons. We still have some major modernization to do.

MyBB is quite outdated on a lot of things nowadays, but it's extremely easy to modify and to extend. No other forum software really even comes close in terms of that. A default MyBB forum looks like this, so as you can see a theme makes quite a bit of a difference. Finna

wow, lol well that simplifies things a bit.
I don't like how the blue header clashes with the black subheader in this box.
[Image: IMqD0Se.png]

Make the bottom of the blue header not rounded, like here.
[Image: jHz4Jvy.png]
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
hmm, that or maybe adjust it slightly so that the shadow doesn't overlap with the black box.

I personally like 3D buttons but eh?