Poll: Do you honor speed limits?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm a slow driver
8.33%
1 8.33%
I stick to the speed limit
25.00%
3 25.00%
I go about 5 over regularly
41.67%
5 41.67%
I'll easily hit 10-15 over regularly
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speed limits

so they expanded the speed reductions, we've been getting 5mph reductions in speed limits all over the city over the past few months... it kinda sucks because some of these roads are driven as alternatives to the highway and I guess the more upper class neighborhoods are pushing it to reduce traffic on them?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(January 2nd, 2019 at 2:04 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: so they expanded the speed reductions, we've been getting 5mph reductions in speed limits all over the city over the past few months... it kinda sucks because some of these roads are driven as alternatives to the highway and I guess the more upper class neighborhoods are pushing it to reduce traffic on them?

Usually its residents that push for these cuts, or the locality realizes they can increase revenue through tickets by reducing speed limits.
(January 2nd, 2019 at 2:26 AM)Guardian Wrote: Usually its residents that push for these cuts, or the locality realizes they can increase revenue through tickets by reducing speed limits.

it seems to be a mixture of both in this case unfortunately
I'm a slow driver to begin with Tongue .

Still, I'll try to stick to the speed limit... I might go a little over, but only when I'm holding other drivers up.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
I am one who always drives too fast, maybe because of my job, firefighter, because I drive the fire engines, I also have all the authorizations, ladder trucks, etc

In my private life I also find fast bikes and my Audi S6, and I don't have the vehicles to drive slowly, unfortunately the police penalties are very expensive :-)

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.
It's very crazy around here.
(June 6th, 2020 at 3:15 PM)Towncrafter Wrote: I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.

I live in a state where 80 mph is automatic reckless driving charge (even in a 70), but if you go 80mph you WILL get passed a lot.
I'm generally pretty good with this as I have a telematics box that tracks my speed. However, it actually checks to see if my speed is comparable to other drivers in the same areas which I imagine is over the limit so I've never had a fail on that one.
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community
Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

(June 6th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)tc4me Wrote: Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

Dream come true! Cool
(June 7th, 2020 at 2:27 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 6th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)tc4me Wrote: Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

Dream come true! Cool

Yes , But what exactly is measured here is the distance to the vehicle in front

I still drive at the speed limit. Doubly so now since I lost that entrapment case with the county sheriff.

The city cops are chill but the sheriff around here is always looking for an excuse.
(June 7th, 2020 at 2:27 AM)Guardian Wrote:

Dream come true! Cool

(June 6th, 2020 at 3:15 PM)Towncrafter Wrote: I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.

That is crazy.  Not sure I would want to be in that state. 
-- 
I always end up speeding above the speed limit without realizing it. The highway I always end up going ten miles above the speed limit.
Here, people fly at 90-100MPH in the left lane. If you're in the left lane, you better be flying. If you're in the right, expect to go 65.

There is a lot of going back and forth between the right and left lanes. 65 is too slow, and 100 is too fast.

Speed limits should be outlawed
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(June 18th, 2020 at 2:27 PM)Thomas Wrote: Speed limits should be outlawed

Speed limits are good urban areas. If there is a road with houses, schools, and kids on it, 35 is a reasonable limit. On highways, completely different story, I agree. The rest of the world is SO jealous of your country's highways @tc4me Finna

Prohibiting speeding on highways is a bit nonsensical. What was the highway built for? to drive slowly from a to b? Huh