Poll: Can you speak more than one language?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
Somewhat
77.78%
7 77.78%
No
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Second languages

Personally, foreign languages were always difficult for me, and I always found it amazing when people could just pick them up like it was second nature. I do know some Spanish, but I'm not particularly great at it by any means.

Be sure to vote in the poll!

I know a fair amount of German and Swedish, mainly from watching Downfall Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Maybe I should try that with spanish haha.

Well, Downfall is a pretty offensive movie. It's about the final ten days in hitler's bunker. The only thing that makes it fun is the parodies people make of it, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElwKjgn490
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I voted no.
I love languages and would love to be able to speak more than one language fluently, but I can't. Best I can do is learn a few words, which I then forget a few months later.
I'm the same way for the most part. I can learn a lot quickly, but retaining it is the hard part.

Roughly, no.

But, I am using DuoLingo and I've set my PS4 default language to French to try and learn it. So, a little bit there, basic understanding now.

I'd also like to learn Korean afterwards. Right now I only have two phrases...
I took spanish in school but atm I'm trying to learn latin, german, and japanese, the first two because root languages the latter because... well I want to visit japan some day.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I know how to speak some Korean, Japanese, French and Spanish. I can really good at singing in those languages too.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
I'm not fluent in any besides English, but... I can count insanely high in Japanese (amongst other bits I know)... I took Italian in high school, and I know the tiniest bit of Hebrew that I remember from my prepubescent days.
I am also know sign language too plus I can read Mik'Maq and Gaelic since they are part of my history.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
(February 4th, 2020 at 12:41 AM)ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ Wrote: I know how to speak some Korean...

KPOP rub off on you? My wife was a big fan and I even picked up some. Tongue

(February 4th, 2020 at 1:36 AM)ᵔᴥᵔWinter Bearᵔᴥᵔ Wrote: ...I can read Mik'Maq and Gaelic...

Ok, that's awesome!
Sadly not Sad . I did study French and Spanish at school; however, I didn't learn either of them to fluency, and I'm very rusty with them anyway.

Would be nice to know more; however, I've been struggling to get motivated.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
English is my second language but as you can see in other post I'm not 100% fluent at it. I only took 1 year of French but I forgot everything so no xD
[Image: fleet.jpg]
German is my mother tongue, I speak English very badly, understand, yes, I can speak Italian quite well and some Spanish

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!