Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you use your smartphone's camera?

Some people use their smartphone's camera (recent smartphones have rather good cameras, some of up to 13 MP) to take semi-artistic/semi-professional photos, not just pictures of friends and selfies for social networks.

Do you have a smartphone, and if you do, have you thought about using its camera as an instrument for feeding your passion for photography?
[Image: mrnc7tt5xg8n7y494418.jpg]
I used to use my phone all the time for pictures, despite the fact that it has only a 2MP camera. I now have a 10MP camera to work with, so I suppose my phone has pretty much been replaced.

It's definitely very interesting to see just how much phone cameras have improved recently. The main disadvantage is the lack of the high quality lenses, but some companies have begun to look into the idea of implementing better lenses into phones. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I do, typically when I'm just out and about and see a cool scene worthy of a photo.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(January 2nd, 2014 at 8:19 PM)simlink Wrote: I do, typically when I'm just out and about and see a cool scene worthy of a photo.

You should show us some of your scenes sometime. Big Grin

Eh, I don't use it often for serious purposes, real cameras are still far ahead on that front.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I just got an iPhone 4 with a 5MP camera. I'd have liked to have had one of the newer ones with an 8MP camera, but hey, I can't complain. It's far better than the old 2MP camera for sure. Tongue

(December 29th, 2013 at 4:39 PM)Warwick Wrote: Some people use their smartphone's camera (recent smartphones have rather good cameras, some of up to 13 MP) to take semi-artistic/semi-professional photos, not just pictures of friends and selfies for social networks.

Do you have a smartphone, and if you do, have you thought about using its camera as an instrument for feeding your passion for photography?

Mega pixels dont mean much for a quality photo from these camera phones except for how much you can crop it. Its all about the lens and sensor size on just how good of a photo you can get from them. That said you can get some really nice photos from them but its not even close to a high quality lens.

But as the saying goes the best camera is the one you have with you.
I don't necessary care about having ultra high MP cameras as much as just having something that's better than 2MP. 10MP is usually more than enough to work with, really. My new phone has a 5MP camera, which is OK, and I have a 16MP camera on hand, which is nice, but both are better than 2MP and that's all I really care about. Tongue

My point-and-shoot is out of service, and my camcorder doesn't take really nice pictures so I use my smartphone's 8MP camera. It's quite nice, and much better than I initially expected it would be.

(July 28th, 2014 at 3:12 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: My point-and-shoot is out of service, and my camcorder doesn't take really nice pictures so I use my smartphone's 8MP camera. It's quite nice, and much better than I initially expected it would be.

What phone do you use?

XOLO q800x and sometimes my sister's Xperia z1 when we are out together. She is as much of a photophile as me.

I'll typically use my iPod's camera if I need to capture something immediately, but I'll use a regular camera if it's something that can wait Smile.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email & Smartphone 1983 tc4me 4 2,284 February 20th, 2021 at 7:34 PM
Last Post: tc4me