Poll: Are you a grammar nazi?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
3 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are you a grammar nazi?

It depends. Usually, I don't do it among strangers. But when my friends make a grammar mistake, I usually show it to them, since it is better for the both of us.
I don't like to admit it, because I find it extremely annoying when other people correct me with such vigor. But yes, I can be a terrible grammar constable lol.

Just like when my family are talking and they think that it is perfectly acceptable to say something a certain way, or let the children say something with incorrect grammar. It is awful. It is a war inside my head lmao!!
Poor grammar makes me twitch to the point where it is almost a seizure. However, I try to keep myself from being overbearing in my corrections. I was incredibly difficult to be around in college because... well... I was a horrible know-it-all. I still am, but I try to limit that to people who are paying me to be that way.

The reason for this is that I believe that it's very rude to spend all your time correcting people rather than listening to what they're saying. If they're writing in a professional capacity then yes, you need to work on that. But if it's Facebook, Twitter, AIM... heck, even forum posts. It isn't my job to play grammar police.