Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fonts?

Fonts can make a surprisingly big difference on the overall appearance and feel of any logo, signature, ad, or anything else of that nature. I personally will easily spend a lot of time trying out different fonts and looking with different contexts to see which ones I prefer to use in my designs.

Right now, Verdana and Lucida Handwriting are my favorites. As for the others that are available, I usually just "feel them out" and try whatever looks nice.

What are the fonts that you find yourself using frequently in graphics design?

I frequently use Arial, Helvetica, Neou(thin), Lobster 2
My favorite font for web design is Open Sans, which I usually just import from google fonts.
For website I typically use Helevitica Neue, Verdana or SegoeUI. SegoeUI is my big one, right now.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I mostly use Arial, Helvetica, Verdana for web. Illustrations/graphics; i use Visitor (custom), Bankgothic (custom), Aberrancy (custom)
I recently discovered this one, and it looks pretty interesting. http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Captur...check%5D=Y

That's suspiciously the same one used on your avatar Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Yes, and the one used in the site's footer as well. Tongue

I used to use that one for Holt District. Tongue
Nonetheless, I like it. But on the other hand it seems a bit generic Tongue

Google Fonts has so much to offer, so many modern ones its hard to choose from. Tongue
I'll have to check some of them out. I'm in need of some creative fonts. Tongue

I never knew that existed. Thanks for sharing, it looks like a great resource!

It is the best place to get fonts for your website, becuase implementing them into a theme is very easy. Smile
Georgia, verdana, and arial are the main ones I've been using now. I really like Georgia particularly for the stylistic feel of it, but it's better used for text that would generally be in italics as it's a fancier font.

Finding good web safe fonts is difficult. The selection of available fonts that most people have installed is pretty limited. Tongue

Google Fonts is awesome! Big Grin I recently found Roboto which I'm using on a project.
I <3 GoogleFonts.

I am terrible with fonts, I will download 50+ fonts for one project, try them all out on the design, then just to annoy myself decide that the one I had previously installed for another project was best suited for this one. I torture myself when it comes to fonts, I always want to be precise, but not over complicate it, and still make it readable ect... It kills me a little inside.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(November 26th, 2014 at 10:11 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I <3 GoogleFonts.

I am terrible with fonts, I will download 50+ fonts for one project, try them all out on the design, then just to annoy myself decide that the one I had previously installed for another project was best suited for this one. I torture myself when it comes to fonts, I always want to be precise, but not over complicate it, and still make it readable ect... It kills me a little inside.

That's how I am. It's so frustrating...