Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many forums are you active on?

Currently, I'm active on around five or six forums. I've seen some who have been able to actively participate on 20+ forums, and I just don't have the time to be quite that dedicated these days. Tongue

How many forums are you active on?

I active in a couple of forum.
"Active" - 4. Participate on in some form somewhat regularly? 6 or so.
And even then sometimes I can go a while without posting.

(Looking at you, finals season!)
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
2 forums, Space battles and Makestation
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
2. Makestation and IcyBoards.
RIP forums
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
RIP forums? is that a forum for the dead? lol.
No it means forums are dead Sad
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
well we're still here aren't we? even BBS's still exist in one form or another, I doubt forums can truly die.
Many have died. But this one shall not. I think some things will come around when more people don't want their real identities plastered all over the web and a crowd shifts back.
Forums still have their usefulness in many settings all over the place, it's just less hyped up than it used to be. When a new video game comes out, everyone goes and joins forums to find a community of players. Primarily, it is the general discussion forums and the communities that spawned out of thin air that are struggling. It's much, much harder to create one out of the blue and to succeed nowadays (as opposed to ten years ago), and it definitely tests an administrator's ability to persevere and to commit to their community.

Finding MS' niche has always been a difficulty because we are frequently confused with general discussion forums (most of which are not successful nowadays), so we've always danced very close to that line in some respects. However, I do truly believe that MS is more than a general discussion forum, and have always made it very clear that it is a full fledged creative arts community designed as a place for people to share their hobbies and their projects. As a result, we are not just a general discussion forum, but a widespread breeding ground for the things that might not have a home elsewhere.

I've only ever seen two other forums that are in our exact niche out there, one of which pulled off the concept very well and was, in part, inspiration for us. And with good inspiration and a great community of members, the concept works, and it works exceptionally well. It's a unique twist with a lot of potential, and of course pretty flexible and welcoming long-term also. It can be a community that isn't quite like anything else on the internet, which I think all of us can be very happy to say.

Indeed, well said darth.

now if only we could advertise that lol. Big Grin
I'm active probably on around 3-4 forums nowadays, one of which I own and another which I have administrated for the past 4 years. Other than that I just don't really find many interesting communities that stick around nowadays.
[Image: sig1.png]
(May 29th, 2018 at 5:00 PM)Martin Wrote: I'm active probably on around 3-4 forums nowadays, one of which I own and another which I have administrated for the past 4 years. Other than that I just don't really find many interesting communities that stick around nowadays.

I feel you there. Forums come and go so quick nowadays it's sad. It seems like maybe 1 in 50 new forums nowadays will stick around longer than a year.

well we've stuck around through sheer determination so... yeah but I feel makestation will be around for a while.
(May 30th, 2018 at 3:44 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: well we've stuck around through sheer determination so... yeah but I feel makestation will be around for a while.

I agree. We've been through a lot and managed to stay 5 years strong. We are now the most active that we have ever been in our history. Big Grin

(May 30th, 2018 at 3:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 30th, 2018 at 3:44 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: well we've stuck around through sheer determination so... yeah but I feel makestation will be around for a while.

I agree. We've been through a lot and managed to stay 5 years strong. We are now the most active that we have ever been in our history. Big Grin

makes you wonder where makestation will be in another couple let alone another 5 Cycles.
(May 30th, 2018 at 1:04 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(May 30th, 2018 at 3:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

makes you wonder where makestation will be in another couple let alone another 5 Cycles.

I say shoot for the stars! Er, Stars = Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. 

Tongue