Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things you weren't capable of three years ago

What are some things you can do well now that you weren't able to do three years ago?

For me, programming PHP, JS, and HTML/CSS is all something I have learned in the past 18 months. Three years ago I was still doing C++/Python. Tongue

Building electronics from pieces parts.
Reverse engineering.
complex cooking.
singing... Remind me to post a video of that one.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(May 14th, 2018 at 1:37 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: singing... Remind me to post a video of that one.

Tongue  Please do!  Cowboy
I can attest. He has showed me some videos in the past. Finna

I can sing as well. Maybe we should start a thread. Big Grin

(May 15th, 2018 at 3:05 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Maybe we should start a thread. Big Grin

Maybe? No, definitely! :Tongue Though, I have no skills to speak of.  Confused
The first rule of karaoke is that skill is irrelevant, just have fun with it. Big Grin
Oh okay, I'm just gonna sing completely off key and watch what happens. Tongue

(May 16th, 2018 at 4:02 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Oh okay, I'm just gonna sing completely off key and watch what happens. Tongue

in a bar full of drunk people? that's fine lol.

we've actually got a few of those on friday nights...  Try country, nobody will notice Wink
(May 17th, 2018 at 10:32 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(May 16th, 2018 at 4:02 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Oh okay, I'm just gonna sing completely off key and watch what happens. Tongue

in a bar full of drunk people? that's fine lol.

we've actually got a few of those on friday nights...  Try country, nobody will notice Wink

Do you find that a lot of the same people are there from night to night?

@ Darth: actually yeah, but the group of guys I hang with at the bar are a bunch of chill neo-nerds and such, some pretty cool guys all in all, like our own version of the irregulars Big Grin
Calculus xD

(May 28th, 2018 at 3:54 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: Calculus xD

Haha true that. Taking Calc 1 and Calc 2 this summer. Tongue

(May 28th, 2018 at 3:54 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: Calculus xD

That's a good one though!

Most I ever took was Pre-calculus. Not even sure what that is now... Tongue
I don't think we do calculus in the UK? And if we do, that shows how much I know. Tongue
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(May 28th, 2018 at 8:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: I don't think we do calculus in the UK? And if we do, that shows how much I know. Tongue

Derivatives and limits, does that ring a bell? Hmm... 

Honestly I've never used it real life. It has applications like everything else but it's fairly advanced. Tongue

I'm probably gonna end up a professor somewhere, and I'm fine with that. I also don't find a lot of daily applications but I keep finding interesting nitty gritties everywhere just so that I can shoehorn by knowledge of integrals into such and such a situation.

I actually can do much less stuff on the web now than I could a couple years ago Tongue

3 years ago, i would have never thought about actually running a live version of another OS alongside windows. but iam thx to pendrivelinux. i was reluctant in trying something new that involved new technology.
An yeah I love keeping a nix usb around, if for nothing else than to do my monthly virus deep cleaning. After all, virus can't escape if it doesn't even activate due to an unfamiliar is lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixing things yourself vs paying someone or replacing it. SpookyZalost 21 11,587 November 9th, 2019 at 2:21 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost