Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Designing in a browser

So who in here designs with a browser? With all the border radiuses, jQuery for animations and overall a more enhanced CSS there seems to be a less of a need for complicated designs when a simple color-schemed website can look just as sleek.
I personally design almost all of my designs in a browser. It can definitely get tricky at times, but it's easier for me because that's what I'm used to doing.

There will always be some things that are done more easily using a graphics design program than CSS, however. Designs that are more unique and creative are especially tricky to pull off in a browser.

You can't really design on a browser. You can design with Photoshop, for example. Coding is different.
(October 18th, 2013 at 4:36 PM)Damian B. Wrote: You can't really design on a browser. You can design with Photoshop, for example. Coding is different.
Technically you can code what you're designing as you're designing it when you design in a browser
http://andysearles.com/designing-in-the-browser/
(October 19th, 2013 at 3:12 PM)nolvorite Wrote:
(October 18th, 2013 at 4:36 PM)Damian B. Wrote: You can't really design on a browser. You can design with Photoshop, for example. Coding is different.
Technically you can code what you're designing as you're designing it when you design in a browser
http://andysearles.com/designing-in-the-browser/

That's what I typically do, just to save time. I've seen a lot of people write out sketches on paper of their designs as well, which seems to work well for some people.

I usually do the same thing. Otherwise it consumes too much valuable time.
This is what I do right now, especially considering I'm only doing .X updates, tweaks and changes here and there to de-clutter our forum software's default layouts on some pages.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]