Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Belkin Wireless USB problems

Alright Mint gurus!

For the past 6 hours or so I have been trying to get the Belkin F9L1109v1 USB adapter to work. I have installed drivers provided by Realtek, found here, and went through the process of make -> make install -> sudo modprobe 8812au -> reboot. However, the OS still does not recognize the adapter. I'm not sure if Linux gurus are plentiful around here, but if you can, please help!

Many thanks!
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I have the same adapter for my PC as well, and have run into some annoying issues. I recently installed Fedora, and if I remember correctly, I had to use a different adapter during installation. Ndiswrapper didn't really help much.

Perhaps you could take linux drivers from a working distrubutionn, then use a flash drive to replace the faulty drivers?

(September 28th, 2013 at 2:31 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Perhaps you could take linux drivers from a working distrubutionn, then use a flash drive to replace the faulty drivers?

I could try that... Recommend any place in particular to start?

(September 28th, 2013 at 7:05 PM)AcoG000 Wrote:
(September 28th, 2013 at 2:31 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Perhaps you could take linux drivers from a working distrubutionn, then use a flash drive to replace the faulty drivers?

I could try that... Recommend any place in particular to start?

I've never attempted it myself personally. I know that the fedora drivers seem to work without too much trouble, so you could look into those. I'll try to do some research this afternoon and see if I come up with anything.

Actually, by switching to Mint 14 instead, it works. Go figure.

Ubuntu drivers have always been a bit of a mess in my experience. I wish MINT would fix more issues like that, but in a lot of ways, basing each MINT release on the most recent Ubuntu release puts them at a bit of a disadvantage. Tongue

That particular driver never ceases to annoy me.

And posting from Mint itself! I'm glad this is working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “5G bioshield” USB stick scam Darth-Apple 3 2,433 May 29th, 2020 at 1:09 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  USB Devices That Punk Guy 19 21,666 February 4th, 2020 at 5:18 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  PC won't boot USB? Using 10 year old hardware? try PLOP! SpookyZalost 0 1,937 March 12th, 2019 at 5:09 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost