Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How often do you get Cell Phones?

I have had I think 3 phones in the past 4 years, the first 2 were pretty crappy.. but I now have the Iphone 5 which i hope to have for a while.
[Image: 2z4zes7.jpg]
I have only had one phone in my life and it is basically a hand me down from 2004.
(September 16th, 2013 at 1:43 AM)forthwall Wrote: I have only had one phone in my life and it is basically a hand me down from 2004.

It still works? It must be a pretty tough phone.

Tis a nokia Wink
When ever my old one breaks. I don't have hundreds of dollars to hand out like others seem to and get one every couple of months.
Same as spork. If it stops working/falls apart I get a new one.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I don't get them often. On the other hand, for tablets, I get 'em when I see something I like. A phone can be used for cellphone calls and I'm perfectly happy with the one that I'm currently using. I prefer tablets because they have larger screens and of course, they're portable.

The last smartphone I got was a BlackBerry Torch. BlackBerry was "the thing" around here back in the day and everyone was crazy about BBM, so I decided to get myself a BlackBerry. I wanted to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S4 this year, but I had a change of heart last minute.

(September 15th, 2013 at 7:44 PM)Tyler Wrote: but I now have the Iphone 5 which i hope to have for a while.

The iPhone 5 isn't a bad phone if you're okay with the price tag.
I would say between 1.5 to 3 years. My current phone is about 2.5 years. I am waiting for the next Nexus 4.
My phones usually are lucky to last 2 years. I use cell phones so much that they get worn out more quickly than they should.

It does seem that newer ones are being built to last longer though. Big Grin

(September 16th, 2013 at 1:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: When ever my old one breaks. I don't have hundreds of dollars to hand out like others seem to and get one every couple of months.

I'd follow spork, but if I really need a new feature, I might buy one every couple of months. My current one is 6 months old.

Once every 2 years Big Grin
I'm going to be honest, I use a cell phone until it doesn't work and I can't fix it anymore... as a side effect mine usually over time end up picking up extra parts and stuff to compensate... think of it like a lost ship which has to install alien technology it finds along the way to get home, yeah the ships retired but it's a ghost of it's original self.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [US] Cell Provider Darth-Apple 14 6,363 August 1st, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  Rate your cell service provider Darth-Apple 26 36,820 November 28th, 2019 at 7:49 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Cell phone screen sizes Darth-Apple 3 6,929 June 3rd, 2017 at 5:01 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost