Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

is apple dead without steve jobs

Is apple dead without steve jobs? Will Apple lose its shine without the boss?
Hmm, it's a bit late to ask this, eh?

I say it already has been losing it.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I personally wouldn't write off Apple in the short-medium run. I think the iOS can still be applied to various hardware, like the much talked about iWatch and Apple TV. However, under Steve Jobs, there indeed was a lot of innovation. Attaching iOS to a watch isn't "innovative" like Steve Jobs introducing the Macintosh, iPod, iPhone, and array of other devices. The one thing I'm sort of disappointed with Steve gone, is how it seems that everything that use to be secretive is being leaked. Now going into keynote speeches, it feels like everyone knows what to expect. I think that was the best part of Steve, "One more thing"... We never knew what to expect from that guy.
(September 19th, 2013 at 7:09 AM)AtlasWest Wrote: I personally wouldn't write off Apple in the short-medium run. I think the iOS can still be applied to various hardware, like the much talked about iWatch and Apple TV. However, under Steve Jobs, there indeed was a lot of innovation. Attaching iOS to a watch isn't "innovative" like Steve Jobs introducing the Macintosh, iPod, iPhone, and array of other devices. The one thing I'm sort of disappointed with Steve gone, is how it seems that everything that use to be secretive is being leaked. Now going into keynote speeches, it feels like everyone knows what to expect. I think that was the best part of Steve, "One more thing"... We never knew what to expect from that guy.

I agree. I think they need a few new ideas in the hat and someone who has the ability to make them happen.

I think Apple will still be going strong for a long time, but at the same time I think it will always have been stronger with Steve Jobs around.

Most definitely, Apple would be a stronger company today if Steve was around. It is definitely sad to see someone die at their prime of technological ingenuity.
Definitely. The same thing happens with a lot of bands as well. I guess you can't stay on top forever, but it still would have been nice to have seen where Apple would have gone had Jobs been around for another ten years.