Poll: Your favorite music styles
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rock
0%
0 0%
Progressive Rock
0%
0 0%
Rap
14.29%
1 14.29%
Techno/Trance
0%
0 0%
Classical
14.29%
1 14.29%
Country
14.29%
1 14.29%
Pop
0%
0 0%
blues
0%
0 0%
jazz
14.29%
1 14.29%
Reggae
0%
0 0%
Religious/Contemporary
0%
0 0%
Folk
14.29%
1 14.29%
Hip-hop
14.29%
1 14.29%
Dubstep
0%
0 0%
Other
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your favorite music styles

What are your favorite styles of music? You are allowed to vote for up to six styles. If you've voted "other," let us know in your replies below!

I voted for "Rock" and "Other". My main genres of music that I listen to are Metal, Hard Rock, Grunge/90's, and Alt/Punk Rock. Some of my favourite bands include Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC, and Green Day.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I listen to a lot of similar music myself. I'm especially getting into a lot of classic rock, including bands like AC/DC. There's plenty of great music out there.

From the 70's onwards great rock music can be found. Glam Rock in the 80's and grunge/punk in the 90's plus the techno of the 00's and 10's
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I think the 70s and 80s was my favorite period as far as music is concerned. Around the 90s music changed, and especially over the last century, it's hard to find the same kind of classic rock anymore.

The bands from the 80's and 70's that are still around now aren't what they used to be either. Green Day have kept going well but some of the new stuff.isnt quite the old ones.
Some bands do continue to play well into their 60s, but I think musicians always sound better young than old. Many rock bands have singers who destroyed their voices by the late 90s as well, so it's unfortunate that many rock bands simply can't perform as well anymore. Triumph is a great example of a great band that lost their charisma.

Yeah the 90's were a transition period for a lot of bands. Lots of bands broke up too. Lots of people died from drugs or alcohol or even guns (Kurt Cobain anyone).
I agree. It honestly feels like a lot of music nowadays isn't really very good anymore. Much of the new music out today is by new teenage artists, and none of it has ever really appealed to me. The old stuff is the best in my opinion. I still listen to some newer bands such as Red though. They have good music.

Generally I prefer Pop/Hip Hop and R&B, but I'm open to many musical styles. Classical with techno insert is really probably on the top of my list. Think TRON: Legacy music. That's perhaps one of my favourite soundtracks, if not my absolute favourite. Big Grin
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
In my mind, it's impossible to get enough techno. Being a musician, I love playing around with synthesizers to get techno-like sounds. Maybe I should get back into that stuff. Big Grin

I voted progressive rock, pop, hip-hop and other. I only like a little bit of each genre though. There's some hip-hop that I absolutely hate, too.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
country and other- i love Irish music being 70 % irish but mostly listen to country- don't hte me people- sorry.
Ban reason: - (Permanent)
(May 29th, 2013 at 1:07 AM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: In my mind, it's impossible to get enough techno. Being a musician, I love playing around with synthesizers to get techno-like sounds. Maybe I should get back into that stuff. Big Grin

I still remember the look on our director's face when the synth didn't work at the start of the song. It was funny because the intro was rain noises, and we had ot be cut off. There was not set number of bars we made the rain sounds for. Only once the synth was brought in did the transition begin. He was angry because he though the synth player screwed up, but someone resetting the stage disconnected it by accident. We fixed it and the song went on to be amazing. Big Grin The mass amount of drums and the synth and the entire band as a whole was amazing. Probably my favourite piece from my years in the music program.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
The mark of a good musician is when technology fails, and music still remains awesome. It's definitely stressful performing through technical difficulties though. Been there, done that... not fun. Tongue

i voted for progressive rock.
its clearly my favorite Genre of music.
Some of my favorite bands are 'yes" and "U2"
I also like "REM"

thanks Brian
Sports fanatic
Seems like progressive rock is taking the lead. It's hard to beat in many ways. Even if one doesn't like the style itself, the talent required to play progressive rock is still worth admiring.

I actually love many different types of music genres. I listen to rock, rap, pop, country, metal.

As you can see, I am a fan of many music styles.