Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some ideas - feedback?

As most of you already know, a lot has been changing for the better recently here at Makestation. It is hard to believe that just 1 1/2 months ago, we were still running SMF. Needless to say, a lot has happened very quickly here at Makestation, and with the 5,000 post milestone rapidly nearing, we have a lot to celebrate as a community.

Anyway, I had a few ideas, and wanted to get some feedback from the community on these ideas.

1) "Ancients vs. Moderns" competitions.
The whole idea hasn't really been clarified, but basically, the idea would be to have specific and themed competitions regularly between two teams here at Makestation, and we would come up with new themes for the competitions a few times a year. (Yes, I know that all of these competitions have been a bit confusing lately. If this goes forward, a significant effort would be made to make all of this much simpler. Tongue )

We would need some people to not only help come up with the theme for such competitions, but we'd need some team leaders as well. If any of you guys come up with any good ideas, feel free to post them here! If the idea goes forward, you might end up with the honor of being a team leader. Big Grin

2) Ideas for what to use points on?
Something that we are planning to implement very soon is to create a "marketplace" board where users can provide services individually in exchange for points. For example, someone could start a theme desk where themes are created in exchange for MS cash. People could create threads in the marketplace to offer graphics designs, forum reviews, etc... so there are a certainly a lot of possibilities for this.

Any feedback on these ideas?

Well if this is about Creativity the points should be spent on something to do with creativity, maybe graphics requests. I don't really know, that's all I got. Smile
I really like the first Idea. I think It's really unique and could work out well! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Design related feedback needed! Darth-Apple 4 13,031 May 25th, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Last Post: CapTon