Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So what should be done with the Ancients and Moderns Teams?

If you've looked closely, you've probably noticed that in your edit profile page, you have the option to select a team as either "the ancients" or "the moderns." So far nothing has really been doing with this, but I thought about perhaps bringing in a couple of team leaders and doing some original competitions between two teams of some sort.

Also, would you guys be interested in a community activities board here for collaborative projects and things of that sort?

What are your ideas?

Yeah, a team competition between the Ancients and the Moderns! To war, by jingo! Tongue

Collaborative projects would be cool, so yeah, a board for that would be cool.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I might add a collaborative projects board soon then. Have any ideas for the theme for such a competition between the two teams?

I don't get this whole Ancients & Moderns thing?
(September 9th, 2013 at 3:20 PM)Dreadlord Wrote: I don't get this whole Ancients & Moderns thing?

Basically the idea was to allow users to select a "team" in their profile, and then to run some competitions between the teams. So far not much has really been done with it yet.

Ah okay, I'll set my team later. Are there certain things that each team does? Anything they're about?
you know I'd like to dig this back up, we still have the ancients and moderns, is there any ideas for collaborate projects/competitions we could do?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
We need backstories, we need personas, we need a cause, something to believe in, and something to fight for!

Maybe an ongoing competition between the two, with some alternative factions as well? It could be fun.
(May 14th, 2018 at 12:15 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: you know I'd like to dig this back up, we still have the ancients and moderns, is there any ideas for collaborate projects/competitions we could do?

Oooh that's actually really interesting as an idea. 

It kinda gave me an idea. We could do weekly or monthly "articles" (perhaps with a more creative name) that are fairly entertaining pages all to themselves with information on a particular project, field of study, etc. For example, perhaps for June, we could do a summer kickoff event and discuss, say, Elon Musk and his spaceX endeavors and write an article about it. We could have each team collaborate on it and put stuff out. And it would of course be centered around subjects and ideas from members of the community who are pretty knowledgeable about those subjects. 

The benefit to that too is that it's a great way to get some high quality search engine traffic that way and I think it's a common theme among us here that we could use a few new members around here. Tongue

@Guardian: I agree. Except as I know it, the ancients, they won't have it. The moderns, can we revive it? Finna Tongue

@darth: that's actually a brilliant idea! we should do that!
As an Ancient, I take offense at that! Tongue

Let's do this!
as a modern I'm all for it, anything to make things better! lol.
(May 16th, 2018 at 3:12 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: as a modern I'm all for it, anything to make things better! lol.

Your profile says Ancients, you should correct that you imposter!
Registered moderns can't speak on the behalf of the ancients. According to an old scroll we dug up,

Quote:39. Punishment for voting for, or speaking on the behalf of those who do not belong with a specific party shall be the stamp of shame. Various matters including the severity of the offense shall be considered before determining the exact punishment.

(May 17th, 2018 at 2:29 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Registered moderns can't speak on the behalf of the ancients. According to an old scroll we dug up,

Quote:39. Punishment for voting for, or speaking on the behalf of those who do not belong with a specific party shall be the stamp of shame. Various matters including the severity of the offense shall be considered before determining the exact punishment.

Tongue  That's great! 

Waiting Spooky.  Rolleyes
look again lol, not sure why I thought I was registered as modern before, probably needed to be setup.

and in other news... Vote Spooky for modern's party... 4 more years 4 more years.
Impostor no more. Good to so no misrepresentation of the glorious Ancients now. Cool

I care not for your internal Modern politics.

...as long as this doesn't actually turn hostile, I'm enjoying it already. Tongue
Somebody care to write the scroll of laws and rules? Tongue