Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Risk (board game)

I LOVE risk, to be completely honest. It's one of my favorite board games, and the only real disadvantage is how long each game lasts.

Anyone else here a fan of the game?

I am a fan of the game but I haven't played it in ages. Smile

I play sort of online versions such as Supremacy1914 which is quite fun. Tongue
I like that game too but no one will play with me. Sad
It's hard to even find the time to play because it takes like 8 hours to finish a game. I have not played in a long time because of that.

I used to leave the board out overnight and come to it the next night, write everything down so nobody can change anything whilst you sleep. Wink

Damian I used to be really good at it and win every game; on the Europe map I owned the whole of the bottom part (Top Africa - Arabia sort of and Europe) Smile
Haha nice! Maybe the three of us should set up an online game sometime (if that's possible). Big Grin

Yeah, risk is one of my favorites. Along with similar games, like Europa Universalis (the original Board Game, not EU4, but I love that too Tongue).
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
It's a classic for sure.

There's an online game that's somewhat similar to Risk, it's called WarLight. You have to buy an account to do multi player and it also gives you some other gameplay features, but otherwise it's free to play.
Hmm... sucks that you have to pay for multiplayer. I'll have to check it out though. Big Grin

Yeah, WarLight is what got me into Paradox. So I have to indirectly thank you for that Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(September 8th, 2013 at 6:21 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Haha nice! Maybe the three of us should set up an online game sometime (if that's possible). Big Grin

Yes it is, but I'm probably no good at it now. Wink
(September 9th, 2013 at 3:19 PM)Dreadlord Wrote:
(September 8th, 2013 at 6:21 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Haha nice! Maybe the three of us should set up an online game sometime (if that's possible). Big Grin

Yes it is, but I'm probably no good at it now. Wink

Haha I suck at it nowadays as well. It is still a fun game though. Big Grin

I don't got time for strategy. Tongue

(By the way, my grammar is much better; that was a joke post.)
(September 9th, 2013 at 2:47 AM)AcoG000 Wrote: Yeah, WarLight is what got me into Paradox. So I have to indirectly thank you for that Tongue

Well, WL is a lot more basic than paradox games, but whatever Tongue