Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who's looking forward to MyBB 1.8?

MyBB 1.8 alpha has been out for a while, and is continuing to be improved. It has a number of simple, but neat improvements over 1.6, including a decent theme to be the default. It also has some other additions such as the conversion to jquery and a nicer admin panel dashboard and theme. Although the release isn't going to be anything major, it will include a lot of nice improvements that the community has been waiting for.

Who else is looking forward to myBB 1.8? I know that I'm definitely looking forward to it. Big Grin

Looking forward to it. Smile
I'm looking forward to it, iirc some some changes to theme templates will be required (I think?) so something for me to do on my website. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
They are actually trying to limit that as much as possible, which is a good thing. Still, with any release, there will be a lot to port over with an upgrade.

I'll probably use a test install of 1.8 before upgrading my site, make any necessary template edits/theme updates there, and just poke around it. I know there won't be huge changes, but better to test before going live.
Definitely. Testing makes a huge difference for sure. I have a dev install for makestation that I test custom plugins on for the same reason.

Since I'm no guru in this field, I can't quite give you a good answer. But I guess new version = bug fixes = good Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
It's going to be a nice upgrade I think.

I am! I intend to be the first free hosting provider of MyBB 1.8 and 2.0!
(October 18th, 2013 at 3:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: I am! I intend to be the first free hosting provider of MyBB 1.8 and 2.0!

Awesomeness Big Grin

(September 7th, 2013 at 4:05 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: MyBB 1.8 alpha has been out for a while, and is continuing to be improved. It has a number of simple, but neat improvements over 1.6, including a decent theme to be the default. It also has some other additions such as the conversion to jquery and a nicer admin panel dashboard and theme. Although the release isn't going to be anything major, it will include a lot of nice improvements that the community has been waiting for.

Who else is looking forward to myBB 1.8? I know that I'm definitely looking forward to it. Big Grin

I am, I am! Big Grin
Just hope it's not going to take ages..
I think they actually did make some major progress on the jquery conversion recently. From what I hear, that was a major roadblock for them, so we might be looking at an alpha release very soon.

(October 18th, 2013 at 3:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: I am! I intend to be the first free hosting provider of MyBB 1.8 and 2.0!

As a user of your service, all I have to say is YAY! Staying current is great. Big Grin
Interesting... A MyBB developer hinted that the official MyBB forum would likely be upgraded by the end of the year.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-147412-...pid1045578

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst looking forums from internet history Darth-Apple 10 4,004 January 5th, 2023 at 5:57 AM
Last Post: tc4me