Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ask Darth-Apple

Ask me anything! Nothing inappropriate or personal please Tongue

Serious question time. What inspired you to start Makestation?
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(September 5th, 2013 at 11:28 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: Serious question time. What inspired you to start Makestation?

It actually took a while for me to come up with the concept. It was around February of this year, and I thought it would be neat to create a community where users could share and show their software related projects to the community and get some feedback and advertising for free. It wasn't even originally intended to be a forum.

Fast forward two months, and after talking with many people about the idea, the whole concept had changed. I ended up installing SMF and doing a forum after getting webhosting, and it has evolved to what it is today. Big Grin

Thanks. This could be useful for the "History" of Makestation. Tongue

Are you planning to do more "history of makestation" in the near future? Tongue

Yeah, I am actually. All part of my plan to get so much influence that I can eventually usurp the title Manager of Makestation Tongue

What's the meanest thing you've ever done? Big Grin
(September 6th, 2013 at 8:30 AM)Damian B. Wrote: What's the meanest thing you've ever done? Big Grin

Haha that's a hard one. I'd say I'm a generally nice guy, but I've done a few things in my life as well. Tongue

(September 6th, 2013 at 1:43 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(September 6th, 2013 at 8:30 AM)Damian B. Wrote: What's the meanest thing you've ever done? Big Grin
I'd say I'm a generally nice guy

Oh REALLY?

(September 6th, 2013 at 3:25 PM)AcoG000 Wrote:
(September 6th, 2013 at 1:43 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
I'd say I'm a generally nice guy

Oh REALLY?

No. Tongue

So now you're admitting that you're a corrupt admin that is exploiting us posters for activity? Tongue

Haha who said I ever exploited anything? Tongue

Actually, that was just a reference to my leftist views. The exploitation of the workers, and such. But honestly, you are one of the best admins I've seen Tongue

(September 6th, 2013 at 5:43 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: Actually, that was just a reference to my leftist views. The exploitation of the workers, and such. But honestly, you are one of the best admins I've seen Tongue

Haha thanks! Big Grin

How many posts do you think this forums will have by Christmas? Big Grin Just a random question I was thinking of Christmas.
[Image: 2z4zes7.jpg]
Hmm... I'll estimate anywhere from 7,000 to 10,000, but that's pretty hard to predict. Christmas is still a good way away.

yeah 4 months.. lol Anyways that would be awesome if you could get that!
I'm also guessing around 100+ members for sure.
[Image: 2z4zes7.jpg]
(September 6th, 2013 at 6:26 PM)Tyler Wrote: yeah 4 months.. lol Anyways that would be awesome if you could get that!
I'm also guessing around 100+ members for sure.

Registrations seem to slowly be picking up, so I think we'll likely be above 100 by then as well. It will be a nice milestone. Big Grin