Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Android vs. iPhone

Shelling out the money upfront for a phone, probably. It'd hurt upfront but be way cheaper in the long run than signing one of the new plans. I'd probably look at the S3 since you can get those relatively cheaper or an S4. They'd both be below $700 which is the key.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
The M8 is less than $700. Tongue

I'd probably end up going with the S4 over the S3 because I like having up to date tech. The S3 isn't a bad phone, but it's outdated now compared to some of the newer devices. Then again, the new devices are incredibly expensive. The only reason I could afford my M8 was because of the plan upgrade, still had to pay $130 up front.

I love Android because it's more open and usually a bit cheaper than iPhones. Plus, my provider wants a ridiculous amount of money for an iPhone so I'm sticking with Android. Smile
(November 9th, 2014 at 7:18 PM)VRVisions Wrote: I love Android because it's more open and usually a bit cheaper than iPhones. Plus, my provider wants a ridiculous amount of money for an iPhone so I'm sticking with Android. Smile

Every provider wants a ridiculous amount of money for an iPhone. Tongue

Welcome to the forums. Big Grin

I only payed a penny for mine. Big Grin
(November 10th, 2014 at 1:24 AM)Clayton Wrote: I only payed a penny for mine. Big Grin

Lucky you. What provider do you use? 

I use US Cellular, on a 2 year contract plan, after each 2 years I get my new phone for a penny.
(November 10th, 2014 at 5:59 PM)Clayton Wrote: I use US Cellular, on a 2 year contract plan, after each 2 years I get my new phone for a penny.

A new phone, or a *good* phone? Tongue

Brand new, I got the 5c on release Big Grin
(November 11th, 2014 at 2:59 AM)Clayton Wrote: Brand new, I got the 5c on release Big Grin

For a penny, that's not bad at all. Big Grin

I can also save up my "belief points" and get any phone for a penny if I have enough of them. Big Grin
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:05 AM)Clayton Wrote: I can also save up my "belief points" and get any phone for a penny if I have enough of them. Big Grin

What in the world are "belief points"? Tongue

(November 11th, 2014 at 3:07 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:05 AM)Clayton Wrote: I can also save up my "belief points" and get any phone for a penny if I have enough of them. Big Grin

Points I save up over time for paying my bill on time, for using the service, and just random little gifts from them, they add up over time. Big Grin
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:07 AM)Clayton Wrote:
(November 11th, 2014 at 3:07 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

Points I save up over time for paying my bill on time, for using the service, and just random little gifts from them, they add up over time. Big Grin

That makes me want to switch to US cellular. Sprint would never do that. Unlimited data on Sprint is nice though, and the areas that have spark are pretty freaking fast. Tongue

To add to the thread, I recently played around with the Z30 at one of my carrier's stores. Have to admit, I actually kinda liked it. May need to consider BlackBerry when I (eventually) upgrade. Though the new S5 certainly was awesome too... Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Been using android for years now, Linux for the win!

saying that I'd say I-phone is my second place followed by Palm OS, Black berry, a DIY dos phone, an old nokia cellular from the early 90's... then a windows phone... if I had to pick.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I just switched from Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 950 to Android O on a Nokia 6.1. I loved the Windows Phone interface but there were just too many issues with the selection and quality of apps, and my battery was done for.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
there's nothing really wrong with the windows phone interface, my issues stem from the lack of flexability I got from using one for a short period of time.

it's not like I can go in and compile my own verison of it with tweaks to make it faster and such like I can with android you know?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 12 Darth-Apple 6 2,804 August 29th, 2021 at 1:39 AM
Last Post: s3_gunzel
  iPhone vs. Android tc4me 11 6,447 June 24th, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Your iPhone probably outperforms your computer. Darth-Apple 2 3,110 June 7th, 2019 at 5:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  iPhone = obtained Darth-Apple 11 14,768 September 1st, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Last Post: Thomas