Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Android vs. iPhone

After a hands on experience with an Android phone, I'm actually inclined to say iPhone really. For me it's much more accessible and easier to use.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(August 5th, 2014 at 4:51 AM)AcoG000 Wrote: After a hands on experience with an Android phone, I'm actually inclined to say iPhone really. For me it's much more accessible and easier to use.

It's definitely simpler. The music app on my android phone, for example, is a real pain to navigate, and the lock screen is definitely sub-par. I make full use of the customizability with custom launchers, etc. considering the price that is paid. 

I still love my android for sure, but if there is one thing I miss about iOS, it's the simplicity of everything for sure. 

I really enjoy my iPhone, I just hate the non customization and the battery life. I tried my girlfriends android out, and I didn't like it near as much.
(November 5th, 2014 at 1:48 AM)Clayton Wrote: I really enjoy my iPhone, I just hate the non customization and the battery life. I tried my girlfriends android out, and I didn't like it near as much.

What phone did you try? Tongue

Her's was a Galaxy S3. I have tried others as well, the note, and some other ones, I cant remember what they were called though. Her's was the one I got to mess around with the most though, so I can only give an honest review about it.
I've seen the S3's, they don't look too bad. I almost got an S5, but I'm pretty satisfied with my M8 at this point. It's still android, but you have to hold these things to believe how well they fit in the hand. It's an amazing design overall, even for a large phone. Big Grin

I love the way my 5c fits in my hand, but I really want a 6 or 6+ just for the larger display.
Still android, and I'm looking into upgrading (though I won't be soon, I usually take a year+ when I buy new gadgets to figure out what's changed. I haven't bought a new phone in 4 years, afterall. Only got a new not-chosen phone when my old one died under warranty protection Tongue) byut I have to say I'm still leaning Android. I love everything I can do with it, and my experiences with iOS are "okay" but not something I'd want to use day-in, day-out.

So I'll likely (still) be Android, though I'm also looking at Blackberry and Windows Phone OS, though those 2 are distant second/third for sure.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
You should consider trying out the M8 if you plan on upgrading. It's truly a great device. I'm shocked at how little lag there is in comparison to the iPhone, though it burns battery life too, and apps always seem to be eating up data for no reasonable cause. Tongue

Haha, I'm not looking to upgrade yet. But I'll look at it next time I'm at Future Shop/Best Buy/Wherever I am that sells phones and take a look at it! Honestly it could be a year before I do. Tongue It depends. My phone is not doing anything particularly wrong, and I'm not big into spending money on a phone right now. I need to buy it outright because I'm out of contract and on a legacy plan, and I'd be forced to drop my current plan to get a subsidized one. So I'm stubborn right now. Tongue
How is your battery after so many years? Has it worn down significantly after that long? Tongue

Link, you are much more dedicated when it comes to keeping phones than I am. XD
iOS 7 did seem to reduce battery life a bit. Are you still running iOS 7 or have you upgraded to 7.1?

I am now running 8.1, and it has increased my battery life by a little bit.
How is 8.1? I never got a chance to try it because my old iPhone doesn't support anything past 7.1. Sad

Its not much different than 7 or 7.1, it adds a new new features, and is more stable. You can now track what app is consuming most of your battery life as well, which is pretty handy.
^^ Android already lets you do that. Tongue

Then again androids are notorious for encouraging like 800 background processes to run at once. It's especially annoying when something starts using my data connection without me being aware of it.

(November 5th, 2014 at 2:51 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: How is your battery after so many years? Has it worn down significantly after that long? Tongue

It's okay. Needs to be recharged daily realistically with moderate usage, can push 2 days. But if I steam music (ie Spotify) then a few hours before bed it needs to be plugged in. Not great, but all things considered not awful. I could always replace the battery since the back comes off and I could just replace it. Tongue

(November 5th, 2014 at 3:04 AM)Clayton Wrote: Link, you are much more dedicated when it comes to keeping phones than I am. XD

Haha, yep. Especially with the whole need to buy it outright-thing since I'm not under contract anymore and my plan no longer exists. To get what I have now is ridiculously more expensive and paying what I do now gets me waayyy less. (If I go for a subsidized phone, that is.) Bleh. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 12 Darth-Apple 6 2,823 August 29th, 2021 at 1:39 AM
Last Post: s3_gunzel
  iPhone vs. Android tc4me 11 6,463 June 24th, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Your iPhone probably outperforms your computer. Darth-Apple 2 3,115 June 7th, 2019 at 5:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  iPhone = obtained Darth-Apple 11 14,797 September 1st, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Last Post: Thomas