Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Political Compass
(February 22nd, 2019 at 2:30 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: eh I don't like the idea of a singular leader, I like the idea of a council of experts with the president mainly being a specialized diplomat who works with other nations.

The problem is the 'majority' has proven incapable of selecting these experts/representatives that have their best interest in mind.
Thanks given by:
that's why I think the council of experts (each one overseeing something relating to their skillset), should be determined in a neutral non-biased way based purely on capability.

it's not perfect, but it's better than letting one person control the entire country, especially given how some of our leaders have been over the years.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
(February 22nd, 2019 at 2:37 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: that's why I think the council of experts (each one overseeing something relating to their skillset), should be determined in a neutral non-biased way based purely on capability.

it's not perfect, but it's better than letting one person control the entire country, especially given how some of our leaders have been over the years.

Maybe this concept needs a charter, and can be applied to the Moderns faction.

I'll stick with my wild west ways for the Ancients.  Cowboy
Thanks given by:
rofl XD
Thanks given by:
[Image: chart?ec=-3.88&soc=-5.18]

I'm a filthy liberal.

This question genuinely stumped me: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system. "
I guess I strongly agree with it, because it's a true statement. That is a significant advantage of a one-party state. I'd never ever want to live in a one-party state though. It is undetectable that the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship / benevolent monarchy.
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
Thanks given by: Guardian
(February 26th, 2019 at 12:46 AM)Thomas Wrote: I'm a filthy liberal.

This question genuinely stumped me: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system. "
I guess I strongly agree with it, because it's a true statement. That is a significant advantage of a one-party state. I'd never ever want to live in a one-party state though. It is undetectable that the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship / benevolent monarchy.

More Libertarian to me!  Cool

Yeah, that question's... off. I thought the same thing. It is an advantage for those in power, but not for the people being ruled, so I hit strongly disagree.
Thanks given by:
*I meant undebatable, idk why I wrote "undetectable".
It could be an advantage for the people though. There have been lots of great dictators throughout history, who are loved by their people. Napoleon and Caesar spring to mind. Benevolent dictatorship is way better than democracy, the only issue is making sure that the dictator is always benevolent.
Thanks given by:
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They never last. Case in point, they were only a single generation, and both had backstabbers aplenty.
Thanks given by:
THomas.

so a benevolent dictator ship by an AI who only wants what's best for those under it?
Thanks given by:
(February 26th, 2019 at 3:17 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: THomas.

so a benevolent dictator ship by an AI who only wants what's best for those under it?

Not an AI  Eggplant
Thanks given by:
that whole absolute power thing is exactly why I like the idea of a council of leaders instead of an individual one.

it's a lot harder to become corrupt when enough people are there to balance things.
Thanks given by: