Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ubuntu Edge

Have you heard of it? It's a phone Canonical is raising money for that dual-boots Android and Ubuntu, has a 128GB SSD, and a bunch of other cool stuff. I would donate but you have to donate $695 to recieve the phone once it comes out. Sad

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge
That's... new. Canonical + dual-boot phone?

Honestly that's just awesome. Perhaps once it has a lower price tag I'll have to look into it. This sounds interesting...

(August 19th, 2013 at 4:09 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That's... new. Canonical + dual-boot phone?

Honestly that's just awesome. Perhaps once it has a lower price tag I'll have to look into it. This sounds interesting...

From what I can tell, first only the donators will receive it. I wonder if they'll work out a deal with some mobile network to sell it, or maybe do like the Nexus 4 and sell it pre-unlocked.
That would be neat.

Very interesting. From the preliminary specs, the Ubuntu phone has the potential to rattle Tim Cook's cage if Apple continues to stand still...

If these guys build phone hardware that runs Ubuntu, that's just a tweak away from being able to load other Linux distributions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Ubuntu on an Intel Mac Darth-Apple 4 1,899 February 13th, 2023 at 6:09 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Debian vs Ubuntu... Darth-Apple 42 18,735 December 25th, 2020 at 5:50 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Ubuntu/Unity - Take 2 Darth-Apple 2 6,399 June 28th, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Ubuntu searches apparently being sent to third parties Darth-Apple 6 9,940 January 30th, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Last Post: Acko