Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where do you see technology in ten years?

In the past decade, we went from expensive Pentium 4s to quad-core i7s. We went from 1GB of RAM being considered too much to 8GB of RAM in many home computers. With such a trend of rapid progression in technology, there is no telling what will be coming next.

What do you expect technology to become over the next decade?

I can't say for sure. It has changed so much in the past decade, and the rate of change is increasing. So it's hard to say. The next big thing could be something that the public doesn't even know about yet. I do wonder if Google Glasses will take off, however. Those seem cool.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Well said. I'm pretty sure the public didn't see cell phones becoming such a big thing ten years ago. There's no doubt that whatever is next will likely be unexpected as well.

For sure. I still remember those old Nokia phones with "Snake" on them, back when screens weren't even colour. Neverming the Smartphones/Superphones we have today!
Black and white screens? Wow. I think it used to be the PDAs that had all of the cool applications and what not. Nowadays nobody really uses them, since cell phones can do the same things these days.

Like link said it's hard to tell. But I do hope that SSDs become cost effective soon. I can see them making hard drives obsolete soon.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Absolutely. Maybe 5 second boots will be more plausible if SSDs become more popular. Big Grin

Darth: Yep. That was a long time ago... :p
Cheese: For sure. It`s definitely going to be interesting.
(May 29th, 2013 at 1:30 AM)simlink link Wrote: Darth: Yep. That was a long time ago... :p
Cheese: For sure. It`s definitely going to be interesting.

Maybe it's just my computer... It takes like three minutes to boot Tongue (thanks microsoft)

Mine takes about 30 seconds, though I`ve never really timed it. It is fairly quick, though.
Mine boots in about 10 seconds or less. Often times though, you can get from initial booting to desktop in less than 10 seconds, I guess depending on how hard the computer feels like working that day Tongue
10 seconds? Nice. That's running from Linux, right?

One thing interesting to see in the future will be Console gaming. With the onslaught of new consoles coming up (Xbox One, PS4) it should be interesting to see how consoles evolve.
Yes that's on Linux. But Windows startup isn't too bad either (10-15 seconds)
@Cheese - ah nice. Must be them SSDs Tongue

@simlink: I'm really interested in seeing when the PS5 will come out. The PS4 is pretty awesome, but technology is evolving so fast, who knows what's coming five years from now?

going to bump this one.

given the release of AMD Ryzen and everything I think things are going to change drastically, hell intel is actually being forced to compete again rather than be bloated at the top.

things are going to get real crazy lol.

also why RGB, why so much RGB... such a waste!!!! 0_o
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Development] What sort of features would you like to see in an IRC bot? Lain 1 2,245 March 5th, 2019 at 5:39 PM
Last Post: Thomas