Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many games consoles do you own

I own a Playstation 1 and 2 and a Sega Dreamcast and a Xbox 360 what game consoles do you own
[Image: logojuo.png]
I currently only own a PS2, which I rarely use nowadays.

I used to own a NES. It's an old console and I'm not sure if it's around the house again.

There are a couple of imitation consoles that I purchased some time ago. They run games like Pac Man, etc. The consoles use similar names to the PlayStation 4, etc, and I'm sure you've heard about it some time or another. China normally makes 'em and you can find one at a flea market.

Right now I use my PC for most of my gaming needs. It's not a console, but game developers port their console games to PC. On the bright side, I don't have to purchase a new console after every X amount of years. My current PC's specs should be able to last a good few years, btw.

As of now, I own a Nintendo DS Lite and a Nintendo 3DS. I'm thinking about purchasing a Wii U because it can play Wii games and the upcoming Smash Bros. game is looking look. I'd also like to play Mario Kart 8 on my television's screen.
maybe it'd be easier to tell you what I don't own?, I collect them lol.

so far I have a PlayStation 1 2 3 4, and portable.
Nintendo, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, 3DS, gameboy, Wii, and Wii-U.
Sega, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast.
Atari 2600
Microsoft, Xbox, and Xbox 360
extras that were sold for parts in case something breaks.

I don't want an Xbox one for various reasons, mainly microsoft's attempts to merge the console and PC gaming markets to make their stuff a monopoly.

I'm still looking for other consoles and would probably have them except for space requirements and expense in finding the harder stuff right now.

but those are the consoles I have.

I've modded the Xbox, PS2, wii, for playing backups.
the xbox is able to have games installed to it's hdd over the network, it can also play movies without the special Xbox remote, and can stream media over the network,play homebrew games, and can boot linux.
the PS2 can boot into linux.
I'm looking into modding the dreamcast to run linux, already played homebrew games on it.
and the wii is boot hacked to run a custom version of the wii's OS, with a black and red menu, the ability to play DVD movies, listen to internet radio, and load games from an external HDD, can steam movies over the network, play homebrew games, and I've gotten it to boot linux.
I do not pirate any of my games.
the Genesis has an everdrive cartridge.
Just have a PS3 and PS4 now.

Had everything from NES on up to now, with the exception of the XBox line.
nothing wrong with downsizing, I just like collecting lol.
(May 20th, 2017 at 4:44 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: nothing wrong with downsizing, I just like collecting lol.

Yeah, I did too. My wife was the one driving getting them all back at one point. Then we were going to move to Japan and started getting rid of all non-essentials. Now, years later, we've just made no effort to recollect. 
(May 20th, 2017 at 11:29 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(May 20th, 2017 at 4:44 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: nothing wrong with downsizing, I just like collecting lol.

Yeah, I did too. My wife was the one driving getting them all back at one point. Then we were going to move to Japan and started getting rid of all non-essentials. Now, years later, we've just made no effort to recollect. 

ouch, well at least you can emulate most of them these days lol, check flea markets, you get consoles cheap  Wink
Yep.

When we did it the first time we just watched online sale pages and yard sales. Wouldn't be too hard to try it again.
(May 21st, 2017 at 2:33 PM)Guardian Wrote: Yep.

When we did it the first time we just watched online sale pages and yard sales. Wouldn't be too hard to try it again.

ah yes, online sales... Craigslist was helpful at first, but far too often I've come across people using ebay prices and asking for way too much.

That's why I go to flea markets and thrift stores, better prices, and odds are you can haggle with the seller.
(May 25th, 2017 at 6:37 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: ah yes, online sales... Craigslist was helpful at first, but far too often I've come across people using ebay prices and asking for way too much.

That's why I go to flea markets and thrift stores, better prices, and odds are you can haggle with the seller.

In my area, everyone seems to want to charge full retail price. Confused

I have taken a tendency to hit up thrift stores in cheaper areas though.
(May 25th, 2017 at 10:29 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(May 25th, 2017 at 6:37 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: ah yes, online sales... Craigslist was helpful at first, but far too often I've come across people using ebay prices and asking for way too much.

In my area, everyone seems to want to charge full retail price.  Confused

I have taken a tendency to hit up thrift stores in cheaper areas though.

I hear ya man, I've found some really great retro-finds at thrift stores and good wills and such, oh man good will is the best place to go hunting if you know the right areas.

I got a copy of the early Quake engine beta based game Klingon Honor Guard a couple months back, so awesome!
Just the one, my PS4. I sold my 360 to get my PS4 and I don't have enough time to play everything I want to on my PS4 let alone more than one console Tongue
[Image: sig1.png]
i have a defunct ps3 -it still works but been neglecting it...plus my ps4. and a 1999 gameboy pocket
In my apartment, nothing but my computer. I used to have a PS2 and a PS3.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
@ Thomas: what happened to your consoles? just run outta room?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
They're at my parents house. I haven't touched them in years anyway.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(July 12th, 2018 at 6:00 PM)Thomas Wrote: They're at my parents house. I haven't touched them in years anyway.

ah.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you own any handheld game consoles robertson123 2 31,747 September 2nd, 2019 at 3:30 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Vintage throwback/remake consoles, tried them? looking forward to any? SpookyZalost 4 4,392 March 22nd, 2019 at 4:48 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost