Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[fiction]Do you enjoy writing short stories?

I'm more of a nonfiction kind of guy personally, but I enjoy writing fictional stories because it gives me an opportunity to think outside the box. More often than not, it's a part of a class. Tongue

Do you enjoy writing fictional short stories?

I love writing fiction. I'm not the best at it though Tongue
I have tried to do some humorous short stories in the past. My efforts fell flat.
Maybe calling what I write 'short stories' would be an exaggeration but I have written a couple of 'micro' tales more 'kidz' stuff than grown up stories
Agandl

bigging up the little terrier Heart http://www.pawsitivelyterriers.com
l did manage to write one short fiction story which had some humor to it but l never got far in terms of exposure, l'm thinking about turning it into a audio file and if l'm lucky l might make a few dollars.
I am currently working off and on an anthology of short stories. I keep getting side tracked because I'm more of big scale project kinda girl! I write whole novels more than I do short stories.
It depends. I have a talent in it, my teacher says. I can add a nice plot twist and I can use the most suggestive word in order to obtain a great atmosphere.
When I have a decent idea to go off of, I can usually come up with something interesting. I'm more of an impromptu kind of a guy, however.

I can't write short stories to save my life! Mostly because they usually aren't "short" any more when they get finished. I get too many ideas on what to insert into the story and I have a problem with cutting elements out. It's a problem I am working on getting rid of, but the progress is slow Smile
(April 23rd, 2014 at 5:56 PM)sqquares Wrote: I can't write short stories to save my life! Mostly because they usually aren't "short" any more when they get finished. I get too many ideas on what to insert into the story and I have a problem with cutting elements out. It's a problem I am working on getting rid of, but the progress is slow Smile

Write long stories! Tongue

I personally prefer to write fiction stories. There is usually something there based on my life, my experiences or something like that, but my favorite part is creating characters and story lines for them. So it wouldn't be as fun for me to write non-fiction!
I have written short stories before. I don't tend to write them as much just because I don't particularly like reading short stories - I don't think they allow for an ideal approximation to the characters, you can get to know them and their stories as well. You also can't develop a full story properly if you are writing a short text. So if I'm using my time, imagination and inspiration to create a new world and new characters, I prefer to make it a long story!
(April 23rd, 2014 at 6:09 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Write long stories! Tongue

Haha, that's what my friends tell me, but the stories usually don't remain stories, they start turning into novels but don't evolve completely because the plots are usually not complex enough. I'm working on it. It's a slow process Rolleyes
Sure! I've been writing since like 3rd grade. I've of course have gotten better at it since then. hehehe I'd like to start a series for sale on Amazon....
Yes I really enjoy it. It improves my creativity.
I enjoy writing short stories on occasion, also allows me to work out ideas that weird dreams give me sometimes.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I prefer writing longer stories and work on novels mostly, but I'm starting to try to write more short stories- partially because they're good for writing contests. I found one that requires your story be exactly 53 words!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fiction vs Nonfiction Darth-Apple 14 17,646 June 12th, 2020 at 7:13 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  [Fiction] The History of Makestation Acko 19 32,505 April 12th, 2020 at 11:37 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  What kind of books do you like writing? bench91 6 9,495 April 20th, 2019 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Writing contest interest? SpookyZalost 5 6,138 February 21st, 2019 at 6:36 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost