Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Is brainstorming effective?

Brainstorming is often considered one of the most effective ways of getting inspiration. Personally, for me, sometimes it works well, and sometimes it just leaves me up at 3AM with eight pages full of absolute nonsense. It always depends on what I am trying to do. Tongue

Do you find brainstorming effective personally? What forms of inspiration work best for you?

It's only effective to me if you keep your ideas organized. Otherwise it just becomes a novel-length notebook of nonsense.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
haha I hate to admit it, but that is usually what ends up becoming of my attempts to brainstorm.

(July 29th, 2013 at 12:16 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: haha I hate to admit it, but that is usually what ends up becoming of my attempts to brainstorm.
Well, I guess we're equal then. I'd LIKE to have it organized, but I'm too lazy to. Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Mine ends up being a novel length notebook of nonsense, no doubt. So I usually try to write down my thoughts and organize them Tongue
(August 4th, 2013 at 5:19 AM)cheesesc4 Wrote: Mine ends up being a novel length notebook of nonsense, no doubt. So I usually try to write down my thoughts and organize them Tongue

Yeah same here. I often look back over the results of my brainstorming and can't believe what I ended up coming up with. Tongue

I think brainstorming is important and effective. But sometimes I might get too much information, or get too stuck in little details.
(September 20th, 2013 at 9:40 PM)AtlasWest Wrote: I think brainstorming is important and effective. But sometimes I might get too much information, or get too stuck in little details.

Same here. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to many things, so detail always catches me when it comes to good ideas.