Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Foreign languages

Foreign languages are a gem to learn in my opinion. My favorite (and second) language is German, where I know very basic German. Honorable mention goes to Herge's Syldavian, because his comics are real fun to read Tongue.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I never was good at learning foreign languages, personally. I'd love to be able to speak Spanish well, but it was never in my genes. Tongue

Congrats on learning German. Big Grin

(July 28th, 2013 at 9:06 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I never was good at learning foreign languages, personally. I'd love to be able to speak Spanish well, but it was never in my genes. Tongue

Congrats on learning German. Big Grin

Heck... I haven't even learned German. Just a few greetings and stuff. But being mr amateur historian helps with that Tongue

Well besides being "forced" to be taught Spanish, I can't speak any language besides English that fluently, I can understand some German, Hindi, Japanese and I am trying to learn some Chinese.
(July 29th, 2013 at 4:33 PM)forthwall Wrote: Well besides being "forced" to be taught Spanish, I can't speak any language besides English that fluently, I can understand some German, Hindi, Japanese and I am trying to learn some Chinese.

I've always found it quite surprising just how easy it is to pass a foreign language class and learn basically nothing. That was how Spanish was for me as well.

I know English and French. I'm not fluent in French, so I'm not bilingual, but I know enough to get me through a good amount of conversations.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I'd say that by my definition, that's bilingual considering I know almost nothing of any other language than English. Tongue

(July 30th, 2013 at 1:44 PM)simlink Wrote: I know English and French. I'm not fluent in French, so I'm not bilingual, but I know enough to get me through a good amount of conversations.

Canadien French?

I'm not bilingual. I know bits and pieces from various other languages though.