Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Watercooling vs aircooling a pc

So I finally took the leap, I went to microcenter last week and they had a coolermaster 240mm all in one watercooling unit, with RGB fans for $75.

so far I've seen a thermal drop of around 10*C compared to the massive dual fan radiator I had before, on top of that it takes up way less room... now I need another case so for now it's zip tied to the side of the case to cool my computer giving a more cyberpunk look.

[Image: XbYEXPV.png]

it's also significantly quieter.

has anyone else tried watercooling vs aircooling?

[Image: 1vT8Aio.jpg]

For those wondering about the wires coming off the fans, those are RGB headers, unfortunately my watercooler didn't come with the header pins to connect them correctly so I'm waiting for amazon to ship me some... thank deus en machina for prime.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Never tried to optimize my cooling that much. Also just terrified of messing it up and drowning/frying my computer. Tongue
(July 8th, 2019 at 8:46 PM)Guardian Wrote: Never tried to optimize my cooling that much. Also just terrified of messing it up and drowning/frying my computer. Tongue

That's the nice thing, this is an AIO or All In One.

basically that means it's already setup for you, install it and you're done, no messing with stuff Tongue
finally got the RGB header pins...

[Image: tQ5avhyl.jpg]

[Image: D3frr7Um.jpg]

Looks good in purple lol.
That's the only way I would be able to try it. (AIO that is...)
I have a Corsair AIO that I've really liked. I've got it set up in my case so that the fans push hot air out of the radiator at the top of the case.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
my only complaint is that the RGB setup didn't come with the pin headers it was supposed to so I had to order them separate... thank the gods for amazon.

also the AMD instructions weren't clear so I had trouble figuring them out.

the screws go in the bottom through the water pump into the bracket, not into the water pump from the bracket.

it's weird but it works :\