Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Debate] Is Facebook Still used

Now I am rarely on Facebook  these days I know a few people who use it but its not the same like it used to be like for ie Facebook people used to come online to chat with other people and make new friends nowadays Facebook their are barely any users online and or even chatting with each other. Instagram is most active social media alongside SnapChat. Does anyone have the same issue with Facebook or just me?
Yes. Facebook is mainly a fallback nowadays. Most of the people I know rarely use it.

Facebook is the new myspace Tongue

these days I think people have moved to more mobile friendly social media platforms like Twitter, Slack, Instagram, etc.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I deactivated my facebook but I still use Messenger.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I primarily use my website, and forums like makestation, reviilution, and juneberry when I'm not doing things old school IRL.
oh also slack chat Tongue because ingress.
I still use Facebook to keep in contact with my friends from school and etc that I don't get to see anymore in real life because live in places than me.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
Nowadays, facebook has become sort of a necessary evil. Just about everyone has one. Not everyone really sees it as all that useful anymore. It's not healthy to live your life on a stage, and Facebook encourages it. I used to be very, very active on it. In the past couple of years, not so much. I've grown out of it, I suppose. Finna

I much prefer snapchat, personally. It's so much more private, and much better as far as actually keeping up with close friends.

(February 6th, 2020 at 3:13 AM)Darth-Python Wrote: I much prefer snapchat, personally. It's so much more private, and much better as far as actually keeping up with close friends.

Lol, you use Snapchat darth?

Well I suppose for all its ills it's alright, I always thought it was a bit odd and clunky to use.
I stopped using facebook over a year ago now, if I recall correctly. I just had personal issues with it and found I wasn't actually that fond of it over time. I can't hate it- it got me my job at the literary magazine that's still in its infancy growth-wise. But, I no longer actively use it, except occasionally to log in to certain things. The only social media I really use actively is Twitter, and occasionally Instagram. I legit just can't comprehend how to use snapchat, so I don't bother.
(February 6th, 2020 at 8:17 AM)Juneberry Wrote: I stopped using facebook over a year ago now...

Good for you!

I really hate it, but still get on. I would like to cut it out completely and as soon as I do my wife or someone else drags me back to it. Undecided
It's a problem that I don't use it at work. We have a facebook page and group, and they're pretty active, but I can't help with it since I refuse to get on. -.- My boss totally gets it though so that's good.
Snapchat is more or less the only social media that I use anymore. I have gradually gotten off all of the other platforms. Snapchat just seems more personal to me, I suppose.

I still use Facebook, and quite a few of my friends do. I only use it to keep in touch with them, though: I don't really use it for anything beyond that.

Perhaps it is a bit slower these days, but the quality of the posts has increased somewhat - probably because we've got older Tongue .
I've noticed that things that were once cool on facebook are no longer cool like they used to be. Much like you, I've noticed that it seems much more serious than it once was.

One thing though is that people are still around fishing for likes as much as they can. It's just not healthy at the end of the day. In recent months I've been getting off of social media, and I've been happier because of it.

A few good forums is all the social media I need. Smile

@darth, have you ever considered just writing a personal site and linking people to it when they ask for your social media contacts?
(April 4th, 2020 at 5:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: One thing though is that people are still around fishing for likes as much as they can. It's just not healthy at the end of the day. In recent months I've been getting off of social media, and I've been happier because of it.

A few good forums is all the social media I need. Smile

I have to admit, I don't see people fishing for likes very much - but I don't know whether that's because my friends generally don't do it, or because I'm not paying attention Tongue . 

(But, like you, it's probably because I'm paying more attention to forums!)
I actually started to use it for work more than anything else whilst I was abroad, as they didn't really use LinkedIn. I haven't used it for a few years now.
(April 11th, 2020 at 10:35 PM)MofaMF Wrote: I actually started to use it for work more than anything else whilst I was abroad, as they didn't really use LinkedIn. I haven't used it for a few years now.

Facebook is the universal social network, I swear. Heck, they added dating, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an official linkedin functionality. People (or employers at least) would probably use it.